Billing insurance directly or using A.C.T.

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
C.Ryan
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Billing insurance directly or using A.C.T.

Post by C.Ryan »

I am interested in the wsr industry in order to be my own boss. I know this is not a get rich quick industry. I have some questions about getting paid. I hear that getting hooked up with insurance comapnies is a little difficult to do, but they give you referals. A.C.T. Claims has a fee you pay for processing your claims, but they don't provide you with referals. What is the best way to get paid when first starting out? Any information provided with be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Billing insurance directly or using A.C.T.

Post by screenman »

Hi, I see this is your first post it would be nicer and easier to answer your questions with a bit of an info about yourself. Things like, area, country, work experience, training qualifications, tools used, married, kids, hobbies, favorite cake and all that stuff.
Coitster

Post by Coitster »

Don't kid yourself. You arn't going to get many referrals from the insurance companies. Like Safelite, they will take any referrals for themselves. You have to be prepared to go out and hunt the business down yourself. I personaly just signed back up for insurance work myself after not doing it for almost 7 years. However with my new marketing plans I realized that I was going to have to do some insurance work again. Oh well.
David Coit
Coitster
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Amen Coister!
C.Ryan

Post by C.Ryan »

Well I live in Chapel Hill, NC. I've been the the mechanics industry off and on for a decade now. I did do windshield repair while I was working for safelite when I was 20. Not married, no kids, no mortgage, and no debt. I am currently working for the government in their bus depot. There are no raises and no promotions available. I like going to rock concerts,especially going to Skillet shows. Enjoy going to WWE live events.
AGSS

Post by AGSS »

C.Ryan wrote:Well I live in Chapel Hill, NC. I've been the the mechanics industry off and on for a decade now. I did do windshield repair while I was working for safelite when I was 20. Not married, no kids, no mortgage, and no debt. I am currently working for the government in their bus depot. There are no raises and no promotions available. I like going to rock concerts,especially going to Skillet shows. Enjoy going to WWE live events.
:?: what :?:
usmc68

Post by usmc68 »

He is simply answering Screenman's question.
jhickman1

Post by jhickman1 »

Ryan, you forgot to tell Screenman what your favorite cake is.... This info is essential to giving advice about billing and invoicing
J. Hickman
Liberty Auto Glass
Fayetteville, NC
C.Ryan

Post by C.Ryan »

I don't eat cake.
screenman

Post by screenman »

I have no clue about your insurance market, however I know most of the oldies on this forum who offer advice and their time free of charge appreciate a bit of an intro. Mind you I see jhickman1 did not bother with an intro either, must be a new generation of forum users.