Thanks to you, Delta Kits gave 30,000 helping hands!

The Windshield Repair Forum water cooler for topics that do not belong in another forum. Feel free to put your feet up, relax, and get to know each other!
Danny

Thanks to you, Delta Kits gave 30,000 helping hands!

Post by Danny »

$30,000

Thanks to you, that's how much Delta Kits was able to contribute to charitable organizations in 2010.

Thank you for being a part of Delta Kits. We can only do this because of you. Let's make 2011 even better.

Living Water International
Life Outreach International
ARC of Lane County
Disabled American Veterans
The Eugene Mission
Muscular Dystrophy Association
Special Olympics
Multiple Sclerosis Foundation
McDowell Ministries
Pacific Lutheran University
American Bible Society
Eugene Christian Fellowship
The Point Christian Ministries
St. Thomas Becket Academy
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Thanks to you, Delta Kits gave 30,000 helping hands!

Post by just chippen away »

Guys,
It is very nice that you have given money to help out some organizations. Muscular Dystrophy Association, Special Olympics,and Multiple Sclerosis Foundation. But I do not see one of the largest killers listed, CANCER organizations. This one has hit me to close to home. I have never been a major giver to any organization till my father was taken with throat and esophagus cancer and watch him go from average size 170 to 85 lb in 6 months.

Sorry for what I am going to say on the back side of this is the old saying. Keep religion out of a business. We all know that you all at DELTA are Very religious, But your beliefs could be different than someone else's belief.

I am not going to get into any heated discussion on this, I am just posting my feelings. You all do not think I have a heart, But when it is something that shortens someones life or makes a ones life limited, that is something I feel for.

Religion is not going to cure others.

I am quit sure I am going to get some heat off of this post for the ones that are still able to read my postings.
This is your choice of donations and we all have to live with it.
Just Chippen Away
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

I have had several family members and friends die of cancer so I understand about hitting close to home. Delta Kits has donated to the American Cancer Society and other other charitable organizations that support cancer research in the past, as have I personally. Cancer research is one of many very good causes. I'm sorry if it offends you that Delta Kits also supports other organizations, some of them Christian.

I happen to be passionate about donating to organizations who provide food and water to those who would die without it. These organizations don't distinguish between secular and non-secular people when drilling wells and handing out food. No one is turned away based on their faith. It may surprise you to know that Christians are arguably the number one supporting group for secular charitable organizations. http://www.water.cc/living-water/resources/

I don't push my faith on others so I cannot understand why it offends you that I include God in every part of my life. I have customers and friends of nearly every religion as well as many Atheist friends. There is no need for hostility just because we don't agree on matters of faith.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

That's Great !! Keep Up The good work!!
t4k

Post by t4k »

Very commendable , guys!!
screenman

Post by screenman »

Fantastic news, a very big well done to all at Delta.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Thanks guys but I'm feeling a bit foolish now. Danny's post was not meant to be about Delta Kits, but rather a well deserved "Thank You" to our loyal customers who have made it possible for us to give to a number of good causes again this year. We are very grateful for the friendship and continued support that many of you have given us over the years.

I know there are many of you who give a great deal of your time and money to support the less fortunate, and at least one of you that gives 10% of your gross sales to worthy causes every year. It's that kind of unselfishness that makes the world a better place. Knowing the sacrifices that some of you make to help others is very humbling to say the least.

Like any other industry, windshield repair has it's share of bad apples, but I've sure met a lot of good folks along the way.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
scrubs147

Post by scrubs147 »

Thank you for the support of those less fortunate than ourselves. As far as the statement "Religion is not going to cure others" (???) unbelievable!