Black Friday sales, GPS

The Windshield Repair Forum water cooler for topics that do not belong in another forum. Feel free to put your feet up, relax, and get to know each other!
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Black Friday sales, GPS

Post by just chippen away »

Well I took advantage of the black Friday sales. I bought a Tom Tom XXL 550 TM at best buy on line. sale was 129.99 - 35 rewards = 101.00. this will be better than carrying a phone book or copies of the maps in a binder..

I borrowed one from a friend last week as a test run for my wife having to drive to Phx., I was hooked.. I used it in Tucson and even tried to get lost. How sweet.

I am getting out of the stone age slowly with new toys to make it easier for me nowadays.
Just Chippen Away
Frank EU
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Black Friday sales, GPS

Post by Frank EU »

Good luck with that fantastic product. We use TomTom too (also Garmin Nuvi -which is also a great product).
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by t4k »

I use my Iphone......it has a cool map and GPS feature.
puka pau

Post by puka pau »

I'm using a Thomas Guide map book from 1988! I'm thinking of changing my board handle to "Luddite". But hey, my concentration is my commercial account roster, and so far save a few alzheimers attacks, I can still remember where they all are. On the other hand, if I was doing a lot of retail in unfamiliar neighborhoods, I'd probably by a GPS as well. On the other hand, there's a thumb and four fingers.

Cheers;

Puka Pau
just chippen away

Post by just chippen away »

I have been that way for your till they started making roads in the sticks faster than the map companies can print them. I have been relying on google earth, but I would have to put the customer off till the next day so I can locate them on earth, print it and then get to them the next day.
The GPS will help me get to some of the customers the same day if I was right on their back door. I do ask the customers to give me an idea on their location, but some can not even tell me any streets or roads around them... They must drive with blinders on. I even had a few ask me if I had a GPS to locate them because that is the only way they can get me to their location....

My wife used the loner GPS I have till mine comes in on Friday. She had to go to Phx. to take one of the horses to a specialty vet and I had a yahoo map burned off also with blow ups of the whole trip, she said the GPS was better for her... Boy did that make it easier for the small expense to be justifiable getting her up there. She will be going back on Wed. to pick up the horse and will have the GPS again... She has Attention deficit and is Dyslexic, so this will let her know WHEN to turn and whatever else she needs to do.

This pays for its self right there....
Just Chippen Away