Help Brother Out!

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
ClearView WRS

Help Brother Out!

Post by ClearView WRS »

I am currently doing windshield repair in Vancouver, WA & Portland, OR area. I am really hopping to add a replacement services as well. I am hoping to find someone who will do me a huge favor and teach me how to do this. I WILL PAY, WORK FOR FREE... how ever you want it. Please let me know if you are willing to do that. Thank you very much!
Windshield Guy

Re: Help Brother Out!

Post by Windshield Guy »

Well dont rip yourself off by getting trained for like $10K (I have heard this crap).. go to the AGTI course held by the NGA (glass.org) and then perhaps work for free for somebody to get hands on training...an autoglass replacer always needs an extra pair of hands if he is busy enough in the high season (now, dep on the location).. replacing on so many cars in a day,, he is gonna need somebody with him to prep and replace the WS... and if he wants to make $$ he needs to finish and get onto the next job asap... so if you offer to help for free,,,thats $$ in his pocket and experience for you ... so your on your way...this is on of the best and cheapest routes .. there are a whole lot of idiots in this field and if you dont watch out you can get yourself ripped off... Hope this helps you... all the best.
ClearView WRS wrote:I am currently doing windshield repair in Vancouver, WA & Portland, OR area. I am really hopping to add a replacement services as well. I am hoping to find someone who will do me a huge favor and teach me how to do this. I WILL PAY, WORK FOR FREE... how ever you want it. Please let me know if you are willing to do that. Thank you very much!
ClearView WRS

Post by ClearView WRS »

Thank you for that advice, Windshield Guy. I think that
ClearView WRS

Post by ClearView WRS »

Well here is another question. Do you guys know of any schools that offer windshield training in Seattle, Tacoma, Vancouver, Portland, and/or Salem areas (WA and OR states)? I looked at the glass.org website, and their training are in other states, which means I am going to have to buy airplane tickets and all that stuff.

So any suggestions?