Windshield Replacement

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

re: cold weather crack repair

Post by Anonymous »

I am interested in adding windshield replacement to my repair service. Can anyone refer me to where I can buy OEM replacement windshields? I've done a search and they all came up with repair companies and not manufacturers. I am also looking into training facilities to learn the trade.

Windshield Replacement

Post by Guest »

I would look for PPG Auto Glass, Pilkington, or Mygrant Glass to purchase OEM replacement windshields. As far as training facilities, i'm not sure. Anyone else know of replacement training facilities?

Jeff Higgins
Delta Kits, Inc.
[email]"jhiggins@deltakits.com"[/email]
www.deltakits.com
Anonymous

Re: Windshield Replacement

Post by Anonymous »

Try contacting the NGA. Their AGTI program for installers is very good. If one of their programs does not fit I believe they can refer you to a technical institute that provides training. Their web site is http://www.glass.org.

I hope this helps.

Steve Johnson
Esprit-USA Windshield Repair Systems
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

finishing touch where are you located, what I do is sell the job for a replacement company and get a spif and sometimes they send me work for tinting.

you might try North star auto glass just .com the name and I think you'll get something.

ever go to http://www.delphi.com for the detailers forums.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

We use Pilkington almost exclusively. All OE parts. We also use Mygrant if a part is not available through Pilkington or if we're close to a job and can't get a hotshot from our main supplier.

Talk with a rep from LOF or PPG they can get help you find a good source to get trained properly. Of course they'll want to help you so you can buy glass from them. Try NGA they will want to make sure you are trained correctly and so you can get certification. We have a 17 year old who works with us in the summer months and he got his apprentice certification last year. If you are in Denver I can get you turned in the right direction too.

Another option is buying into a Franchise. The best benefit there is you get training as part of the package and also a bigger discount from the suppliers because of the buying power of the franchisor. The downside to a Franchise is you get to pay residuals with virtually no marketing help. (at least from my experience and from other franchise owners from different companies)

Cracker
Anonymous

replacements

Post by Anonymous »

I visit the delphi forum here and there. I try to visit every forum I can to keep up with all that is going on.