Opening new business

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
kickinautoglass
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Opening new business

Post by kickinautoglass »

Im a new business owner. I live in a small town. Im wondering if I can get some advice. Ive also noticed there are very few females in this line of work. Im hoping I dont get alot of negative feedback because im a girl. Im also looking into purchasing my first kit. Anyone care to lead me in the first direction?
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Opening new business

Post by screenman »

No problem you being girl, I am even married to one. If you want help and advice you have come to a good place, seeing as Delta are the only manufacturers that go to the trouble and expense of running a forum, then you would be correct in thinking that they sell a good system that they back up extremely well with good customer service.

I do not know your local market, but I do know windshield repair and the rewards it offers for those happy to put some effort in, go for it and I wish you lots of luck.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

Hi, welcome here, I have just PMed you, Kickinautoglass.
It's good to see a girl entering here.
Simply go to your forum-inbox. :D
t4k

Post by t4k »

kickinautoglass wrote:Im a new business owner. I live in a small town. Im wondering if I can get some advice. Ive also noticed there are very few females in this line of work. Im hoping I dont get alot of negative feedback because im a girl. Im also looking into purchasing my first kit. Anyone care to lead me in the first direction?
Do your homework by talking to as many suppliers as you can and YOU make the decision as to what works best for you!! Get as much info as you can on each brand and weigh it out to suit your personal approach to this business.

Opinions are like belly buttons....we all have one and they are all different.
t4k

Post by t4k »

I would like to add...if you are looking for great tools, supplies, customer support that's through the roof and the most accommodating people I have ever dealt with, I proudly recommended Delta Kits.

This is just my opinion (see above post) of course!!!
kickinautoglass

Ive been going over several different kits and I seem to like delta the best. It seems to give you what you need. Ive got my eye on the anniversary kits. Im just not sure if itll be everything I need. Like the spring hammer tool. But then I read somewhrre delta was including that in all pro kits. I want a kit so that ill be able to do any repair possible. Thank you all for being kind. Im dedicated andplan to go as far as I can.
candyman

Post by candyman »

Welcome to the forum. The spring hammer is a useful tool when needed. You will understand once you start doing repairs and practice with it. I also use the FG2 Burr when drilling to accommodate the Spring Hammer. Some of the others may use something different. This field is wide open. I let my granddaughter help me at times. Practice and seek training on the equipment that you will be using. I learn all the time and I read the forum often. Have a nice day.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Where are you located?
kickinautoglass

Im located in georgia. Im very eager to learn. I cant wait to purchase my kit and start to practice. :P
screenman

Post by screenman »

If it helps, I do everything from very small chips, to 12 inch plus cracks using the Delta tools. I changed to Delta about 7 years ago after 19 years using anoth suppliers equipment. I have also used and trained people on lots of other styles of kits out there, I prefer Delta for many reasons, one being the pure and extremely simple way it goes about the task of doing the job. Of courses it goes without saying the the Delta staff are a great bunch of honest guys.