windscreen repair training

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
sunshine wr

Re: windscreen repair training

Post by sunshine wr »

This forum is a great marketing tool !
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

If that is the case why do not all the other companies have active forums. What am I supposed to do keep quiet, we offer the best training and equipment available in the UK, should the members on here asking for help not know about it?

We have dummy shopped the others, we have had some of the industries top people here from the companies and assessing agencies, all going on to say we are certainly on the ball. I have over 25 years of running a very successful WSR business in the UK< I still repair weekly if not daily. Some of the trainers over here have never been out on the road doing repairs, so I am told, do we all want Craig going to them.

The money earned from myself from being on this forum would certainly not keep an ant alive, I do it because I like to see people succeed and not fail.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

Come on Graham, be nice, Sunshine wr is right.
This is all about marketing.
Why would you involve other vendors and what they do or don't?

Let's be clear, there is nothing wrong with this forum, it is a great aid to many, but it is all about marketing the host's products and services.
You know that, don't ya.
Or are you going to advice UK newbies to contact other UK vendors? ;)

Thumbs up for all your advices. Thumbs up for you, constantly hammering about quality. Thumbs up for being patient.
All very much appreciated. You are absolutely right about quality, drying out and all that, but it also is selling a service and product.
There is some profit involved in training and resupplies. There is some strategy. And that is just fine.
Like I mentioned before, nothing wrong with that, but this is a business and not the Salvation Army.

And YES, I would certainly advice any UK newby to be trained by you.

Happy Holidays.
screenman

Post by screenman »

Thank you Frank, nice words.

I would like to point out though that throughout the years I have been posting on here, to the best of my knowledge and I will happily be corrected not one single UK person has contacted me after coming to this forum first. For sure I have guided people here after they have made initial contact, this I have done on may occasions, but found me on here then come to me I do not think so.

Now have you noticed UK vendors do not come on this forum or any other to my knowledge, why? because when they have tried they have on occasions been shown up for their lack of knowledge of our trade.

Indeed Happy Holidays.
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

Did I touch a nerve there ? I just made a statement and as usual I get attacked by the same person again .
screenman

Post by screenman »

Not attacking you, I was attacking the statement and pointing out how completely wrong it was in this instance. I notice nobody has answered the question in my first line of reply. So I will do it for you.

It takes a lot of time and commitment to run this forum, no other company seems to want to put that in for the little or no reward.
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

thanks for the reply.
screenman

Post by screenman »

You are welcome.