Benson Windshields

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
rlouie
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Benson Windshields

Post by rlouie »

anyone here have any experience with Benson windshields?? I got a good price, +mobile service fee to install a Benson acoustic interlayer, 3rd visor windshield on my 2010 Toyota Corolla. I got a higher price for a Pilkington windshield with all the same features + they'll come to my job and install it...
Glasseye
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Benson Windshields

Post by Glasseye »

No direct experience of Benson but a quick search on the web shows the glass probably originates from China, whereas Pilkington is probably US manufactured. I don't know who is the OEM manufacturer for your Toyota, a quick look at the badge on the windscreen or doorglasses should tell you who it is.
Mattcurtiss

Post by Mattcurtiss »

Toyota uses Pgw as OEM, Pgw is based out of Pittsburgh. Benson is based out of china, they don't service the Midwest so I can't speak to their quality. Hope this helps.
jbmoose

Post by jbmoose »

I've put in over a dozen Benson windshields, all of them DW1140 (Jeep Cherokee) They fit fine, no distortions, and the mirror buttons never fell off