Hot Windsheild Query

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Auto Glass Rescue
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Hot Windsheild Query

Post by Auto Glass Rescue »

bill lambeth wrote:Cover chip and spray mixture of alcohol and water.
If you don't mind, what ratio do you use? Or how would you mix a 24 oz bottle?

Thanks!
candyman

Post by candyman »

Reminder: There is a post and video ref using alcohol on broken glass. It can dissolve the material that holds the laminate glass together or will make it soft. Ensure you cover the break first, even though its mixed with water.
cdirks

Post by cdirks »

Hello Andy,

I did a windshield today that was hot. I used my Delta Kits heat exchanger to cool the area over the break. This little tool is amazing. It also works very well when you use the moisture evaporator to remove the heat after you dry the break. Today I used the heat exchanger to bring the temp down safely and then covered the injector and the break with my windshield washing towel. This worked. Like was said before if you are able to shade the area it helps a lot. All this was done under a bubble dome. If you don't have one you should invest in one. :D
candyman

Post by candyman »

NOTE: I caused a break out a few weeks ago when I sat my Heat exchanger over the crack. The leg ran within seconds of appling it to the hot windshield. I was making small circles around the break with it . I now stick to cooling it down by misty spray, opening the doors and wet towel. I had used the heat exchanger several times prior , but this was the first crackout as a result of using it first.