New curing light.

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: New curing light.

Post by screenman »

Bill I certainly have not had a problem with it. A bit fiddly at first but I soon became used to its ways, now it does exactly what I tell it too.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

It is all good ! I mounted mine on the scorpion and that is a 100 % better. Different strokes for rookies like me! :shock: I have only been back a week so that makes me a rookie :twisted:
screenman

Post by screenman »

I imagine Delta are giving us an cost effective alternative with the black stand, I know from experience how much all the parts to make a Scorpion come to.
Dave M

Post by Dave M »

I've received my new light, stand and batteries. Played with it all weekend and is in my box for tomorrow! Must say, I thought the light would be much brighter even with the one bulb. I'll post more in a few days.
t4k

Post by t4k »

Still using mine everyday! Love this new light!!
Dave M

Post by Dave M »

T4K,
How are your batteries working? Do they last you a couple days before you need to recharge?
t4k

Post by t4k »

Dave M wrote:T4K,
How are your batteries working? Do they last you a couple days before you need to recharge?
Yes they do. I never let them fully discharge (this may be bad) by charging them with the car charger that came with my batteries. I do this on my way home every third day or so.
screenman

Post by screenman »

The battery I use now is lasting up well, I did buy some cheap batteries that were not so good. Currently running the 18650 from Delta I have now gone a week and about 25 repairs without recharging, just testing to see how far it will go.

As I did before this light I always carry spares, back in the dark ages it was 2 car batteries, things did improve to two power packs and then two golf cart batteries in neat camera bags. Now no need, brilliant.
candyman
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by candyman »

Good afternoon ! Its 33 dgs in the sun this afternoon with 20 mph winds. I decided that I would try the new UV lite from DK. I applied pit resin on a break and it froze or harden in a matter of seconds, while getting my UV lamp & Charger. I decided after all the post to order the new light with mount. Its on sale by DK. Iam tired of lugging the portable Btry charger and UV lamp w/ cord around. It will be easier to make repairs while working on high SUV's and Big trucks. Iam short. The majority of the comments have been positive and I trust Brent. I was told to leave it in place for at least 3 - 5 minutes to cure fully. You guys have a great weekend.
screenman

Post by screenman »

Knowing what I know now about this light I would happily have paid $200 for it, makes my life so much easier. Every person I sell them too over here is saying the same thing. To be able to by huge improvements to our toolkit for less than the price of one repair is fantastic.