Learning how to sell windshield repair

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
no1texan
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Learning how to sell windshield repair

Post by no1texan »

My grandson has recently been employed by a national windshield repair company. He went through the training by the company and now is on his own at one location, a car wash. The car wash is on a very busy street and gets lots of business. However, my grandson's sales have dropped off significantly to some days he has zero sales. He has a script from the company which he has memorized. I have encouraged him to think closely about sales he has made compared to failed sales attempt and try to notice the difference. Are there any sources to help him to master the selling technique? Thanks
robert n

Re: Learning how to sell windshield repair

Post by robert n »

Can you post the "script" your grandson is using.

Perhaps it just needs a little "tweaking" here and there. There is also the Inflections in his voice, body language and physical appearance (dress) that need to be considered. All these are important to be successful in sales.
no1texan

Post by no1texan »

Thanks for your reply and interest. He is working now I will ask him about his script when I see him tonight. I'm not sure if I can post the script since it came from the company he works for during their training.
benswindshieldrepair

Post by benswindshieldrepair »

I agree, a script is great and all but true salesmanship is what is key. I for one, am not, but I've constantly checked my attitude and my interpersonal communications skills and this is where success comes from. His "script" needs to not be. It's all about likability and how genuine he is to the customer. He'll get it figured out and slay 'em I'm sure. Good luck
candyman

Post by candyman »

Good morning. Regardless of the script he is using, the #1 thing is to get the person to buy or uncover his objection to buying at the moment. You use words like, suppose for the moment or What if, to over come objections and identify the real reason of not buying now. If he can sale himelf to the customer half the job is done. If he doesnt believe in his product he will never be truely successfull in this business. His skills will either drive business away or bring referrals and repeat customers. Street cornor or car washes can sometimes be exhausted in a short time frame. Locations should be changed especially car washes. You get the same customers week in and week out. Seldom are there a volume of new customrs at a fixed location like that. Once you've fixed the routine customer's windshield your business comes to a halt. I would rather work a major intersection than a car wash. Thats me. Others may have several car washes and rotate between them to keep business going. Your grandson should consider working for himself. A small investment and lots of practice. He can adjust his sells approach and location. Not everyone makes it in this business. It takes determination, a desire to succeed, fortitude and self motivation. You do the right things everyday regardless of how you may feel. We all get down or discouraged at times, but we know we must get out and keep doing positive things to promote our business. You reap what you sow as you may have heard mention. The product you use must also be among the best on the market or you will face disrepute or dissatisfaction from customers due to shoddy workmanship. I hope this helps you. Have a nice day.
no1texan

Post by no1texan »

Thanks for all your comments. I will print them out and pass on to my grandson.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

Never sell a repair to a stranger make them a friend first. I cannot remember whose words they were but they certainly work.
Repair/replace

Post by Repair/replace »

Car washes have declining sales. Read the forum from the past.

He is a better sales person now.

Be proud of the sunny boy.