help combination break

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Elitecracks.sa
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

help combination break

Post by Elitecracks.sa »

Hello
I want thank Kory for his help and time and thanks to you all for the information posted to this forum.
I am new to this forum so i quickly wanted to introduce myself to the people here.
Everyone looks like a friendly bunch so instead of just lurking around I thought I might as well join the conversation

I have to be honest, little nervous about going into business for myself and hope it will be worth it, but from what I have been reading it seems to be.
I am using the Esprit repair bridge. I were trained many years ago when i lived in the uk after being trained i never used my kit. Only wanted to do it part time and then never had the time to. I am now living South Africa and want to make wsr my full time job.

I have one question, I dont know what I am doing wrong but I CAN fill combination break with large legs, all the legs will fill only problem is, air is often trapped just under the injector. I have put a probe down inside the injector, I have run at least 8 pressure and vacuum cycle.
What don't understand is, if i had to much barrel tip pressure the legs from the break wil not fill. I can't seem to get a good quality pic to show you.
I am kind of frustrated with this now.

Any information is greatly appreciated thanks
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: help combination break

Post by GlassStarz »

If I understand your problem I wonder if you are under filling the injector maybe or could be when you release the injector you are still under pressure and the result is a blow out leaving a small air bubble I would try running a vac mode first then fill as well good luck
screenman

Post by screenman »

Combinations are notorious for having a lot of broken glass in the middle this traps the air in, screwing down hard or too hard with the injector traps this even more so.

Before you even place your injector on the break make sure the pit is nice and clean, I use my drill as a powered scribe to achieve this, not going deep but just to remove the surface. Next place a small drop of resin in the pit and then flex, this helps to get some resin right into the nice loose centre before you tighten it up with your injector.

Which bridge do you have, please tell me it is not that cheap old 3 sucker thing.
Elitecracks.sa

Post by Elitecracks.sa »

I have the old pro bridge, it has one black sucker with three small feet on the injector holder.
I think it was the first bridge made by esprit. I use 0.25 ml resin.
Will let your know how it works our for me.

screenman
Have you ever used an esprit bridge.

Thanks for the help.
screenman

Post by screenman »

Yes lots of times, and sat in on their training sessions without them knowing me.
Elitecracks.sa

Post by Elitecracks.sa »

Screenman do you think you can give me advice on the bridge that i am using. (any advice). Maybe something they don't teach in training. I did my training a long time ago, can't remember how long right now, but I am new to the repair industry.
I have difficulty in getting the right barrel pressure and waste alot of time and resin to get right. The set up procedure used in training does
not seem to work for me.

Thanks in advance
screenman

Post by screenman »

How long ago did you train? Is you bridge the one with the large knurled nut to tighten it down with? How old are your injectors? Did they teach you all about drying out, UV protection, long crack repair, and that using heat inside is a very bad idea.

If you answer those questions it will help me a bit more to give advice.
Elitecracks.sa

Post by Elitecracks.sa »

Yes i have the one with large knurled nut, injectors 6 months old, I did my training in 2001 or 2002.We Did uv protection,long cracks, I can' remember what we did to drying out.
screenman

Post by screenman »

I hate that bridge, it was I believe made by Duobond in Holland or was a copy of. The spring steel arm is in my opinion to springy and does not help at all in getting a good seal.

I will be suprised if they showed you dry out, if they did you are a very rare person indeed.

Best advice I can give is dump that kit and get a Delta one, practise like mad and get out there earning like the rest of us are, and have some fun along the way.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

screenman wrote:I hate that bridge, it was I believe made by Duobond in Holland or was a copy of. The spring steel arm is in my opinion to springy and does not help at all in getting a good seal.

I will be suprised if they showed you dry out, if they did you are a very rare person indeed.

Best advice I can give is dump that kit and get a Delta one, practise like mad and get out there earning like the rest of us are, and have some fun along the way.
That thing indeed is made by Duobond. The owner is the former owner of the (first) Novus franchise in Holland. No wonder it is a look-alike-Novus injector.
Great guy. He was also involved in a useless, but very well marketed, scratch removal system.