Happy Fathers Day to all!

The Windshield Repair Forum water cooler for topics that do not belong in another forum. Feel free to put your feet up, relax, and get to know each other!
DryStar
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Happy Fathers Day to all!

Post by DryStar »

When I turned 44yrs old and still single, I never thought I would ever become a father. At 45yrs of age I helped deliver my daughter. It was unquestionably the best day of my life!

She's a healthy, beautiful and very intelligent 11yr old now that has been with me on weekend repairs since age 6. I've taken 50% of every weekend job since then and put it into her college fund. Needless to say she has a nice nest egg saved. It started out simply with having her clean and putting my tools away to cleaning customer windshields. She now writes up all my invoices and is very close to providing insurance call in claims.

As a father I couldn't be prouder of her. Although she has over 100 practice repairs under her belt, I've never let her work on a customers car. She wants too... but she will have to wait until she's 16. I'm hoping when she enters High School she can sale and provide repairs to fellow students as opposed to working at a McDonald or other places at minimum wage.

For a fathers day gift from her yesterday, she bought tickets for the Nationwide race at Michigan Speedway (she knows how much I love racing). Tickets were $40 dollars a person. Well here's what happen during our tailgating time. We met four people that had windshield damage and repaired them at $40 cash each. I gave her the $80 back and I collected the other $80.

What better Fathers Day could I ask for than that? Only wish I had a golf kart....it would have been a big money day!

Sorry if I sound like I'm bragging, just a proud father today!
bill lambeth

Re: Happy Fathers Day to all!

Post by bill lambeth »

You should bragg!Happy Fathers day to all!
johnymunch

Re: Happy Fathers Day to all!

Post by johnymunch »

Same to you too