Harmon solutions??

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Harmon solutions??

Post by Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair »

Harmon is now handeling GMAC claims. Years ago we called GMAC directly for motorhome repairs which we specialize in. They paid $75.00 and I think 20 and 20.
Then they went to SGC, $65.00 flat. No problems. Several weeks ago at a RV Rally I had four GMAC insured, called the number, got SGC who transferred me to Harmon.
Four times I had to give them all my company information and they were s l o w s l o w each time. First time they said I would be added to their system but they would send me a packet to fillout and send in (hasn't arrived). I verbally gave them each time our tax ID,fax, address, mobile and office numbers, on and on and on much of the time put on hold. When we came home they had sent a fax request for the same information. Saturday they called and said I needed to send it in which I told the lady I had personally sent it in right after recieving their request but will do it again.
Now then Harmon is paying $50.00, 10 and 10 which is a meager rate for providing mobile service, climbing up a ladder to repair a chip at the top of a $3000.00 one piece motorhome windshield.
In addition to a meager rate I heard the clerk tell the customer they need a letter rating my service, workmanship etc. because they only want to do business with the best companies out there....I consider myself one of the best and they basically are insulting me with paying $50.00. In addition another observation was when I told them (nicely) I had already sent in the W-2 got kinda of a smart answer "we didn't recieve it!" Do many of you go through Harmon and what expieriances have you had with them? So far I can't see where they have gotten it together.
paulrsf
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Harmon solutions??

Post by paulrsf »

I have mostly positive things to say about Harmon Solutions Group. True, they do not pay as well as some of the other networks, but they always pay very quickly, usually within 2 weeks. I consistently get referrals from them, almost on a daily basis and sometimes multiple repairs for the same day. The one frustrating problem I experience with HSG from time to time is getting referrals that have not been pre-qualified. After speaking directly with the insured I often find that what they need is a replacement and not a repair. This could be determined with just two or three questions. I'm not sure if it is the fault of the insurance company passing the claim along to HSG before determining if a repair or a replacement is needed, or if it is a problem with the reps at HSG not knowing what questions to ask the insured. All in all, I would rate my experience with HSG an 8 out of 10.
Paul R.
clearquest

Post by clearquest »

Harmon is good to work with and rates are the same as Lynx. No complaints here.

Well, since my May 2 posting regarding HGS we have had to fax in three W-9'S they said they didn't recieve the first two. Now being June 3 they say they never recieved four invoinces of five sent to their fax number on their information but vaified on our fax machine as sent. Everyone else gets our stuff we send. Maybe they just don't like me over there at Harmon. :?: :( Generally we're considered pretty nice people. Some might diasgree.
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair wrote:Well, since my May 2 posting regarding HGS we have had to fax in three W-9'S they said they didn't recieve the first two. Now being June 3 they say they never recieved four invoinces of five sent to their fax number on their information but vaified on our fax machine as sent. Everyone else gets our stuff we send. Maybe they just don't like me over there at Harmon. :?: :( Generally we're considered pretty nice people. Some might diasgree.
Chips,

Just curious as to why you still fax them in? I've been using their online billing for awhile now and it allows you to track sent invoices. So far, I've had no real issues billing that way. Just a suggestion!
paulrsf

Post by paulrsf »

Chips-

Same here. I use HSG's on line invoicing and with the exception of one invoice a few months ago, I have had no problems with filing claims and getting paid. -And best of all, its free.

Paul
Paul R.

Good to know. We prefer online. Possibly when they get around to sending me an Associates Package they have said they have either sent or will send it, that information will be in it.
In the meantime, we don't have that many to send to HGS except when we do RV Rallies with none coming up in the near future. Somehow not many of our other work orders have had to go to them.
So, if you have that info I would appreciate having it but I'm at the point to insist on customer paying and getting reembursed. By the way we have no problems with Lynz or SGC but of course cash is King.
SMITHY

Post by SMITHY »

I have attempted to contact them four times now in three weeks to become a member on their network and have yet to ever get a response.....Don't know what to think??? :shock:
Jeff Smith-Owner
A + Windshield Repair
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

SMITHY wrote:I have attempted to contact them four times now in three weeks to become a member on their network and have yet to ever get a response.....Don't know what to think??? :shock:
Smithy,

Not sure what your current situation is but some networks require that you've been in business for at least 1 year before allowing you to become a member. Others may tell you they already have too many signed in your area and won't take anymore. Just be persistent and continue to send registration info. They will eventually respond.
SMITHY

Post by SMITHY »

DryStar wrote:
SMITHY wrote:I have attempted to contact them four times now in three weeks to become a member on their network and have yet to ever get a response.....Don't know what to think??? :shock:
Smithy,

Not sure what your current situation is but some networks require that you've been in business for at least 1 year before allowing you to become a member. Others may tell you they already have too many signed in your area and won't take anymore. Just be persistent and continue to send registration info. They will eventually respond.

Well I have been in business for myself for over five years, just not the windshield repair business.....Does that count??? LOL. But on a serious note, I worked for a Novus Franchise as a tech for a couple of years, then an independent for about a year and a half. Done well over 1000 repairs. In fact my applications just got denied from Lynx and ALLSTATE, because I did not spend an enormous amount of money to take a test and join the National Organization. I guess I am going to be targetting retail and fleet and have the people bill their own insurance. This is truly a set back! But on a positive note, two set up for tomorrow who found me on Yahoo Local! :)
Jeff Smith-Owner
A + Windshield Repair