New to everything

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: New to everything

Post by screenman »

Your situation is no different to ours, maybe better quality and service stand out more in the UK as it is the exception rather than the rule.

Gas here is now $9.53 per gallon.
puka pau
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by puka pau »

Mend Master pretty much echoes my sentiments. Personally, I think that it's mainly the part-timers that constitiute most of the low-ballers. If WSR is your sole, full-time profession, you have to charge not only what the market will bear but also what you need to pay the piper. It's the part timers that are just after some beer money who can afford to lowball and not feel any negative financial effect.

Cheers;

Puka Pau
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

puka pau wrote:Mend Master pretty much echoes my sentiments. Personally, I think that it's mainly the part-timers that constitiute most of the low-ballers. If WSR is your sole, full-time profession, you have to charge not only what the market will bear but also what you need to pay the piper. It's the part timers that are just after some beer money who can afford to lowball and not feel any negative financial effect.

Cheers;

Puka Pau
Absolutely and exactly my thoughts. It is one of the reasons, for me personally, to reduce my posts on this wonderfull forum. I am not in business to help lowballers surviving whilst they polute the market place and kill my friends who got to make a living in your wonderfull country.
just chippen away

Post by just chippen away »

I will 3rd the comments on part timers.... Your heart an sole is not in the job you do, it is just another easy buck made. Here today, gone tomorrow... It is also the the responsibility of the manufacturer claiming how much easy money you can make.. Come get certified and you will be better than the rest. We the manufacturer will sell you a kit and then sell you a training. "Ching ching"

Frank EU wrote:
puka pau wrote:Mend Master pretty much echoes my sentiments. Personally, I think that it's mainly the part-timers that constitute most of the low-ballers. If WSR is your sole, full-time profession, you have to charge not only what the market will bear but also what you need to pay the piper. It's the part timers that are just after some beer money who can afford to low ball and not feel any negative financial effect.

Cheers;

Puka Pau
Absolutely and exactly my thoughts. It is one of the reasons, for me personally, to reduce my posts on this wonderful forum. I am not in business to help lowballers surviving whilst they pollute the market place and kill my friends who got to make a living in your wonderful country.
Just Chippen Away
D2D

Post by D2D »

Talk about hijacking a thread! Aside from the post that started this thread, and only 3 posts into it, "zdlamkin" is nowhere to be found. Hope he has the good sense to stay away and learn on his own.
The only reason I still lurk here is because once in a great while, someone actually says something informative that I didn't know. And, that is helpful to me, because of the 14 years experience I have.
To a newbie, this forum can be as much harm as help. NOW, let me explain before anyone blows a cork.
The key words are DUE DILIGENCE.
The fair thing to say, IMHO, is that this forum can be great for pointing a newbie in the right direction(s) but will never and can never be a real authority. Why? because it's really just a mishmash of contradictory opinions.
So as not to be mistaken as a slam against Delta, the fact they offer their training to anyone, FREE, regardless of equipment used is exemplary and laudable and truly serves a purpose.
just chippen away

Post by just chippen away »

D2D wrote:.
So as not to be mistaken as a slam against Delta, the fact they offer their training to anyone, FREE, regardless of equipment used is exemplary and laudable and truly serves a purpose.
You may want to read their site on training. http://www.deltakits.com/windshield-rep ... _training/. "
You can attend our training & certification course in Eugene Oregon which is held once month. The cost is $100. However, with the purchase of a complete windshield repair system from Delta Kits you may attend our training & certification course in Eugene, Oregon within 90 days of your purchase at no charge. "

One stupid comment. Why would one want to go to one manufacturer that sells their brand and will train you in another manufacturer's brand...?
"Don't use Delta Kits windshield repair equipment? Not sure windshield repair is for you? No problem! We will provide all equipment & supplies for each class. All you need to supply is a willingness to learn, and a motivation to be among the best trained technicians in the world".

It is like having someone that uses a Mac computer to teach you all the in's and out's of Windows... Mac users down Windows all day long because they think their make is better....

You are right though, This has gotten side tracked majorly... But it just kept getting deeper into what some folks are thinking. It is not like one can just post their thoughts out of the blue. Most need a comment to feed off.
Just Chippen Away
t4k

Post by t4k »

D2D wrote: Why? because it's really just a mishmash of contradictory opinions.
Opinions....everyone has one.
D2D

Post by D2D »

AND MY WAY IS THE ONLY WAY, THE RIGHT WAY, AND IF YOU DO NOT DO IT MY WAY-----------------------

BTW, whatever happened to "zdlamkin"?
groofop

Post by groofop »

I simply recommend getting training, if at all possible. The DVD training is no where near as good as hands on, up-front training.

Maybe you could even shadow another WSR tech in another state, pay him money to let you watch and ask questions, agree to not compete with him.

Soaking up as much information on here is an infallible venue of information, since you have DeltaKits staff and other certified techs willing to help.

Hope all goes well.
--
groofop