Weird encounter with (I would say fellow tech)

The Windshield Repair Forum water cooler for topics that do not belong in another forum. Feel free to put your feet up, relax, and get to know each other!
rockchip

Re: Weird encounter with (I would say fellow tech)

Post by rockchip »

No hooters girls nor hula girls , but my wife and i did work together a few times. Side note : We made a lot more money as a team than i would of thought. Husband and wife teams can work
Chips

Post by Chips »

I have talked to the guy you are talking about. I wanted a crack repaired, he told me that he was not doing repairs that day because he drank to much the night before. He directed me to his assistant who drilled and put a couple of liquid resin 36o bridges with plastic injectors on the glass and ran some resin across the top of the crack straight out of the bottle. The crack did not fill but he said it is guaranteed for life. I think I am going to be successful at this business. Chip medic has been around this area for years and if they can do that kind of work and stay in business. what can I achieve doing good repairs.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

Unfortunately earning a good income from windshield repair comes more from being able to sell rather than repair, there are some guys I know of that have a bridge a drill and resin and earn far more than they deserve.
Chips

Post by Chips »

A quick update, The repair has already cracked out. I could have done a good job myself but my resin is old and although I ordered some the company i ordered from lost my order and didn't ship. It was just before the last storm and I wanted to get it fixed before it cracked worse. Which is why I went to these guys. I thought they would do a good job. I guess you live and learn. I will see what I can do with the crack once my resin comes in. It doesn't look like any resin actually penetrated the crack so I may be able to still fill it.
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by just chippen away »

What kind of gaurantee does he offer? Try to get your money back first before you try to fix it your self... How far has it crack out? Also what manufactor resin are you buying? Make sure you use the right resin for the right job.
Just Chippen Away
Roo

Post by Roo »

I agree with just chippen. They told you it was guaranteed for life. Make them back it up with a refund. If you want me to take a look at it I would be glad to, I am usually up in Longmont a minimum of once every other week or if you are in the Thornton area we could arrange to meetup somewhere here as well. When you say cracked out how far has it spread? Is it extending to two edges yet?

I don't know about anyone else around here but my lifetime guarantee is just that.....for a lifetime.
Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair

Post by Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair »

Saw a fellow RVer in Home Depot one day. He asked me if I enjoyed my second retirement (?????????) A tent operator he met said I had retired again....not.....truly enjoy what I do too much.