just starting out

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
rog0722

just starting out

Post by rog0722 »

Hi All,

I am new to this and I am very serious in doing windshield repair work as a second source of income. I am open to any advice anyone can give me. What would be a good repair kit to start off with? What kind of invoice would I use? How do I go about licenses, bonds and insurance? Advertising? Getting business with insurance companies. I have done homework on the different products but until I use them I'm not sure on what to buy, I know I have to start somewhere so I would go with a good recomendation as far as tools and supplies go. Thanks you Roger
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: just starting out

Post by Kgobin »

Roger, Welcome to The Windshield Repair Forum! A lot of the posts on the forum have been covered thoroughly and I would recommend reading through previous threads. There is a wealth of information contained within this forum; you just need to set aside some time to read through the previous topics but if you search which glass repair business is best it should really help you.

You can use the search feature to save time finding things on the windshield repair forum. Sometimes I find the search button on the Delta Kits home page works better, although it will also bring up relevant items on the Delta Kits site. The search feature on the windshield repair forum site probably works just as well, but the search feature on the Delta Kits website is Google powered so it is more familiar to most people.

Below is a tutorial video illustrating how to search the windshield repair forum.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.