Is the Delta Kit the best ?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Crack_King
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Is the Delta Kit the best ?

Post by Crack_King »

I'm just wondering what are the comparisons to the Novus system, and other WSR kits available out there. I'm looking to purchase a new Kit. Currently i'm using used equipment from "Equalizer".I have at least 2000 repairs under my belt but i'm not sure which manufactuer has the BEST equipment. If this is a repeat forum, could someone send me a link to the old one, please and thanks.
Look at life through the windshield, not the rear-view mirror
GlassStarz

Re: Is the Delta Kit the best ?

Post by GlassStarz »

Delta certainly does a good job of customer service and is always working to come up with new stuff.Thier stuff works as well if not better than the others in the field This board is sponsered and moderated by them If you still need to look at others I like the resinator from Liquid Resins a lot (I have several)
screenman

Post by screenman »

I used Novus for many years I now use Delta I hope that tells you something. I have tried, tested and trained guys on may other types of equipment and still rate Delta the best.
cracknaut

Post by cracknaut »

Screenman, how did you use Novus? Aren't they a franchise only type of business with proprietary usage rights of their products and equipment only to their franchises? The only Novus product I have found available to purchase was their polish.
Were you formerly a Novus franchise person? If so, can you tell us about your experiences with their company, products and equipment?
SGT

Post by SGT »

Is anything the best? Everyone has a preference on what they like and to them what they buy is the best. For me Delta Kits on all levels is the best.

What is your criteria for determining the best? Let us know what you are looking for/ what would be important to you in quality tooling so we can help you come to your own conclusion with some user feedback minus the marketing hype! I posted a few points in another recent thread that may help you in deciding what is important in the real world. Good luck.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
screenman

Post by screenman »

Yes I did have a franchise with them and 20 years ago they were the way to go, nowadays is way different and you do not need the restrictions or cost a franchise puts on you.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

The other thing to consider about Delta is thier phone support if you have a question or problem regardless of what you use they will help talk you through it
screenman

Post by screenman »

We could also talk about who runs the best forum, now that would give you a clue as to the quality of the company and the satisfaction of its customers.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

I agree with Glassstarz that the resinator is a very good unit,also their customer support is very good.I think that it is all in what you get used to,they all do the same thing.I use the resinator and the MVP and wouldnt use anything else.
screenman

Post by screenman »

Although I like the LR drill which is a copy of my original Novus one I found the Resinator a bit like reinventing the wheel, I found it a bit awkward and fussy to use. Hopefullu we are talking about the same blue plastic thingy with the built in probe with about 3 seals and a spring etc inside. Now this is just my opinion and I must admit after a couple of uses I did not persevere.