looking for a quality resin.

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
harrellbenjamin

Re: looking for a quality resin.

Post by harrellbenjamin »

jayjacque;31712 wrote:Don't get what you mean "not one answer or suggestion other than from the manufacturer"? In this thread I read at least 4 companies recommended either directly or by implication, Delta, Glass Mechanix, Glasweld and one could not be mentioned by name because the company requested that. If you read past threads you'll also see Liquid Resins and Glass Technology (GT) get raves as well as one I can't name which works for me very well curing by natural light.
I have also had some great results with the Natural light curing brand .I will respect the requests of this forum and not mention the brand name.It really flows well into tight damage and the hardness after curing is spectacular!
jayjacque

Post by jayjacque »

harrellbenjamin;31719 wrote:I have also had some great results with the Natural light curing brand .I will respect the requests of this forum and not mention the brand name.It really flows well into tight damage and the hardness after curing is spectacular!
I get the same kind of results, and now it's been over a period of time, so the durability seems to be there also. But I better not rave too much about them or they'll try raising their prices again. ;) I think they still read these threads .
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by GlassStarz »

Here is my experience
I have use Windshield Doctors resin didnt like it turnd yellow with time
Poly lite I like the stuff was priced rite and flowed easy the bottles they use leak sometimes and i got tired of a sticky tool box with wasted resin
Liquid resins i have used the red white and green cap all work well
magnibond from delta I use this alot now im sure I will reorder when im out of the other stuff i have in the box
I have used samples from gt and gm both worked well but didnt like em any better than what i was already using so I didnt order any
ghost rider

Post by ghost rider »

autoappearance,
sounds to me like a problem with your resin. I would contact the maufacturer and tell them what is happening. It may be defective resin and they should want to replace it. I had some resin quite a few years ago that did about the same thing your resin is doing so I sent it back. They said the refractive index was incorrect and sent new resin to me free of charge. Never had the problem again. If they won't help, find a different brand.
110v curing lamp? Try this. I went to the local farm&barn and bought a cheap flourescent trouble light, 13watt about 10 to 15 bucks. Make sure it has a #23 base. Every decent sized city has a Sylvania lighting warehouse. Buy their Dulux S CF9DS/78. This is a 9 watt UVA u tube with a g23 base. It also has a part #20299. The bulb was less than $20 last time I bought them. Yes, I put a 9w bulb in a 13w lamp, no problem, has worked very well for years. You will have to find a way to hang the light on the w/s. Sears had lever lock vacuum cups with a spring clamp on top that works well. Here's your 110v curing lamp for less than $50.
ghost rider

Post by ghost rider »

autoappearance,
sounds to me like a problem with your resin. I would contact the maufacturer and tell them what is happening. It may be defective resin and they should want to replace it. I had some resin quite a few years ago that did about the same thing your resin is doing so I sent it back. They said the refractive index was incorrect and sent new resin to me free of charge. Never had the problem again. If they won't help, find a different brand.
110v curing lamp? Try this. I went to the local farm&barn and bought a cheap flourescent trouble light, 13watt about 10 to 15 bucks. Make sure it has a #23 base. Every decent sized city has a Sylvania lighting warehouse. Buy their Dulux S CF9DS/78. This is a 9 watt UVA u tube with a g23 base. It also has a part #20299. The bulb was less than $20 last time I bought them. Yes, I put a 9w bulb in a 13w lamp, no problem, has worked very well for years. You will have to find a way to hang the light on the w/s. Sears had lever lock vacuum cups with a spring clamp on top that works well. Here's your 110v curing lamp for less than $50.
screenman

Post by screenman »

First Delta magnibond all the way, the natural curing resin we found just did not stand up to certain claims. I have tried all of the resins posted before on this post and use Magnibond for a couple of reasons.

Why would anyone want to use a 110v lamp when the Delta 40-14 is such a superb bit of kit. Let keep this trade as simple as that which it was meant to be, we had 12v lamps 20 years so I am sure we have no need for 110v now. For sure be careful with your money, but to save the price of one screen repair by using a homemade untested light to me does not make sence, sorry. So to sum up, buy Magnibond, buy a 40-14, get some proper training and get out selling.
33,000 + screen repairs over 18 years and still learning.
Over
harrellbenjamin

Post by harrellbenjamin »

I have 2 12V lights 1 Delta that is great and a Safelite Branded one that I found on EBAY.Both are indispensable .
shepardh1

Post by shepardh1 »

screenman wrote:Undersell and over deliver, works every time for me.
Amen! Amen!
T-Bird

Post by T-Bird »

Pardon the dumb question but were there no post between July '08 and Oct 10? Were some post archived? Sorry, I'm new here and the resin I'm using just does not seem to be doing the job, then again, maybe it's just me.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

There were no posts between those dates. We have only done one archive on this board and that was years ago when we changed the entire format of the site.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.