What have you done to offset high fuel costs?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
starstruck

Re: What have you done to offset high fuel costs?

Post by starstruck »

Nope, no tent. Too much of a hassle to set up and take down a tent. I need to be able to leave in short order when other jobs come in. I only use parking as fill in time when I'm able to. It probably only amounts to 20% or less of my work time but I do pick up extra jobs as a result if doing it.
harrellbenjamin

Post by harrellbenjamin »

So in other words you use a Tent Location with out the tent right ???Where do you put your "Free W/shield Repair " signs LOL (I know you hate those signs lol )
harrellbenjamin

GlassStarz;30436 wrote:Added a few more things to what I offer so I can spend the day at One or Two Dealers I now do Paint Repair, WR ,Headlight Repair,Minor Stripes and Plastic Refinishing if you can do $300-$600 per stop you dont drive as much
Plastic refinishing

Are you using the Trimmagic that PP2000 is hustling??I have some you Can have if you want it. truly garbage!!

Now back to the subject.The best way to survive in this economy is just like GlassStarz said.Add services.I work a very rural area but because I offer so many services and can also deliver them have as much as I can do .Paint repair-touchup-plastic repair and restoration/minor interior repair/unsmoke/w/shield repair/headlight restoration.You already have the customer so its a lot easier to add on a service then a new customer.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by GlassStarz »

I couldnt be happier with the Trimonex goes on easy looks like new but you cant short step the process clean with thier cleaner wipe liberaly with white Vinegar apply with foam brush if you dont clean it properly or use the vinegar to neutralise the cleaner it wont look great
StarQuest

Post by StarQuest »

GlassStarz;30450 wrote:I couldnt be happier with the Trimonex goes on easy looks like new but you cant short step the process clean with thier cleaner wipe liberaly with white Vinegar apply with foam brush if you dont clean it properly or use the vinegar to neutralise the cleaner it wont look great
Does this provide any long term results or is it just one of those out the door looks great now sales type products?
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by GlassStarz »

good for a year or more doesnt leave it sticky so it doesnt atract dirt like the silicon based coatings in completly happy with the stuff plastic bumpers and moldings look like new dealers love the stuff
starstruck

Post by starstruck »

harrellbenjamin;30446 wrote:So in other words you use a Tent Location with out the tent right ???Where do you put your "Free W/shield Repair " signs LOL (I know you hate those signs lol )

A tent location without a tent, huh? Well I guess you could call a vacant lot that. It could be a helicopter landing area without a helicopter!

As for the FREE signs, I don't use them. But curiousity caused me to do a little test of my own and I did try using the word FREE in my signage for a couple of weeks, since everyone said it was such a great marketing gimmick. I seemed to get LESS customers to stop when it said FREE than when I just used my normal sign, so I quit using it. My guess is that some people just pass on by when they think something seems a little fishy. JMHO!!!
harrellbenjamin

GlassStarz;30450 wrote:I couldnt be happier with the Trimonex goes on easy looks like new but you cant short step the process clean with thier cleaner wipe liberaly with white Vinegar apply with foam brush if you dont clean it properly or use the vinegar to neutralise the cleaner it wont look great
Try the Dvelup stuff too.It really works well for c/coat scratchs too.Its not water based like the Trimonex and takes alot less time to apply.I have both(I should have known that anything C.T. is involved with would be less than desireable)