Insurance companies, Networks, and Forum Etiquette

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Insurance companies, Networks, and Forum Etiquette

Post by screenman »

For some people when they are told they cannot do something it makes them try harder.
33,000 + screen repairs over 18 years and still learning.
Over
Bois

Post by Bois »

We need to stopped and remember that a newbe probably doesn't know the correct terminology for doing an effective search. There have been many times that I've tried to use the search engine with no luck - mainly because I didn't use terminology used in posts.
Dale...
No job is so simple that it cannot be done wrong.
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

Maybe there should be a "Sticky" list of Keywords of for newbies.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

sunshine wr;30071 wrote:Maybe there should be a "Sticky" list of Keywords of for newbies.
I started a thread for you guys to post anything you think newbies should know. Too many stickies and they just get ignored, so I suggest putting the list of keywords in that thread.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

HB I think you missed the point the new person isnt someone who "Truly made a living at this" he or she is someone who came here for help and advice and that is the purpose of this board and when that person gets treated rudely and told some of the varios crap that has become a regular here they go away some leave the buisness some dont even buy a kit because they came here before actually buying doing research. That isnt good for the sposer of this board they provide this free and allow us to talk about other companies but when people start pissing off thier potential customers they may rethink. This is a board to promote the field not drive away potential competitor"Share Knowledge and Advice"
starstruck

Post by starstruck »

Well said GlassStarz. I agree 100%
harrellbenjamin

Post by harrellbenjamin »

Ok let me refraze this.If a little chit-chat on a forum would keep you from getting into a business because you felt that your feeling might have been hurt ...???? maybe a business is not for the individual.If your feelings get hurt here just wait until you get in the real world.Don't give up your day job............JMHO:eusa_wall
Glassdoc

Post by Glassdoc »

harrellbenjamin;30080 wrote:Ok let me refraze this.If a little chit-chat on a forum would keep you from getting into a business because you felt that your feeling might have been hurt ...???? maybe a business is not for the individual.If your feelings get hurt here just wait until you get in the real world.Don't give up your day job............JMHO:eusa_wall
Exactly, customers (some of them) will eat a newbie alive and get full cash reimbursement for a new windshield because "I can still see it"... I don't see how not preparing them (newbies) for what to expect (reality) is actually helping them.. Sure, we can discuss how much resin, what kind of glass cleaner, how to advertise but what? Dealing with the public is suddenly to harsh for some one contemplating this as a vocational living? Hmmmm, I still say if they want pleasantries and thank you's with their tea and crumpets maybe they should look towards Avon.. Cause out here, when the customer shows up 30 minutes late and you already left, due to other scheduled jobs. You are at faulty. If you show up late due to road closure, accident or bad directions. You are at fault.. Thats the reality.. And in life, sorry its got to be said. If you ask a question notice I refrained from saying stupid. And have already did the deed, and now find out oooops! Well, don't cry in my beer.. Use the internet search features, go to school, get training, and be successful.. Already too many magazine certified tool carrying windshield repair expert wannabe's out there to contend with.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Belittling them for not knowing something or not useing the search feature isnt preparing them
If someone has dislike of new guys and competition and doesnt like to share his or her knowledge why are they here? Some folks like to sit in the locker room and tell eveyone how great they are others sit with the new guy and tell him how he got there Screen for example is a grumpy ole brit LOL but doesnt shy away from giving positive advice BE POSITIVE when dealing with new people you are a teacher and no one likes Bobby Knight
If you are not here to give advice or learn something from others what again are you doing here?
Glassdoc

Post by Glassdoc »

I can give advice, have no problem giving on a question that deserves an answer. However, if someone bought a kit off fleabay, watched the video, went out that afternoon and attempted to do 6 repairs came here and said, "They should be fine, but how long do you inject the resin in the break for and do you think I over charged?" Well, guess what.. that question does not dignify an answer. It deserves a real hard kick to the butt response.. And, I'm not one to try and sugar coat someones stupidity.. Do the research, educate yourself, get the training, ride with some one, contact the kit manufacturer, do several practice repairs, THEN come on here and ask what it is you may be doing wrong.. I'll be happy to oblige. But, don't expect to get the answer on how to make $100,000 when you don't know which o-ring is the seal..