metabo SXE400

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
gt_repair

metabo SXE400

Post by gt_repair »

I found the cheepest at 108 at tools-plus has anyone found it any cheeper than that price yet?
chips1144

Re: metabo SXE400

Post by chips1144 »

The cheapest I found was $110 at Ace tools so your price is good.

You also need to consider freight, some companys want as much to send it overnight as the sander costs so be careful, some will send it to me for $14 regular UPS ground rate, sounds fair enough.
gt_repair

Post by gt_repair »

Chips
S/H $6.95 flat rate. I may be buying more toys,..... OH wait, Tools for that price.
gt_repair

Post by gt_repair »

I just ordered the Metabo 400 today for 108. plus 6.50 S/H

I will put to a test on my wifes truck. I will use it on one light and the DEVLUP on the other light to compair. I hope I see a major differance in performance...
chips1144

Post by chips1144 »

Good Luck to you GT, I have a feeling you will love this tool.
chips1144

Post by chips1144 »

OK Don...
Im waiting for your comments on the Metabo, Did you recieve it? Do you like it? Im real curious.
gt_repair

Post by gt_repair »

Chips1144
I have tryed the Matebo and it was worth the money. I did my wifes 96 chev truck and it did a good job and cut my time in half. With friends coming over and taking 3 phone calls I was done in 30 minites. If I was not distracted I would have been done in 20 or so..

It is a good upgrade.
chips1144

Post by chips1144 »

Thanks for your reply Don, Im glad its working out good for you.

Would you say its a better than the sander from Dvelup???
Its it easy to hold / handle???

Chips 1144
harrellbenjamin

Post by harrellbenjamin »

Yes,its faster and more compact then the Dvelup sander.Its a true production sander!! Buy one !!!!!!!!!It will pay for itself real quick too.............
gt_repair

Post by gt_repair »

Chips still needs to buy a system I think. I think he has been slacking still. Are you still on the side lines looking, or have you got into play?

In regards to is it better? Read what I posted again and you can answer your own question. If it was not worth it I would not post what I did....

The sander fits in the palm of my hand. I hold it like a palm sander. Roll the wrist to get it were you need it to sand.....

**** Thanks Ben ............... for the heads up on the Metabo.......