Fleets and Dealerships

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Iann

How do you charge?

Post by Iann »

When you get an account with a fleet or dealership is it a handshake deal or do you have some sort of contract?
gaf

Post by gaf »

In my experience it is always a handshake I think that if you try to make them sign a contract you will have a very hard time getting accounts
DaveC

handshake

Post by DaveC »

I agree with gaf.

However, something you can do to CYA a bit is to prepare a work order each time you hit the location detailing the number of repairs, to what vehicles, etc... and have the manager sign it prior to starting your repairs. Heck, they may even walk it over to payables and have your check ready by the time you are done:)
Iann

I agree

Post by Iann »

Thanks Guys!
SGT
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by SGT »

Well, I guess that depends on the nature of the account. At first we just went on a verbal and handshake and we firmly believe in this form of business but unfortunaly the "Gentlemen" mindset is all but gone. So, we created a Service Agreement which outlines the terms both parties have agreed too. This is not a contract to soley use our service but rather an agreement of terms, primarily the terms of what we will provide them. We feel that as an agreement it adds professionalism and crediability to our company. It has worked very well for us and have not had any accounts refuse it.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver