Dvelup's Sealer Thicken'g

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Dvelup's Sealer Thicken'g

Post by GlassStarz »

I have been useing Bens formula works well use the Helsman outdoor 50% min spirits so far look good surface dry in 10-20min
t4k

Post by t4k »

GlassStarz;30820 wrote:I have been useing Bens formula works well use the Helsman outdoor 50% min spirits so far look good surface dry in 10-20min
Yep, same here on the end results. Works the same because it is the same and for about 1/10th the cost. What was that Ben said about the "stupid tax".....?
mhughe29

Post by mhughe29 »

t4k;30489 wrote:Wow...thanks for the information. I saw some Helmsman Spar polyurethane by Minwax today at Home Depot, is that the same stuff as you mentioned?
Turkey;30817 wrote:Headlight Pros. What type brand of Marine Urethane Spar do you use? The Helmsman Spar I have seen at Home Depot has a curing time of I think 2-4 hours. What is the curing time of this formula and how do you speed it up? Will turning on the headlights or a heat gun be just fine? How have the results been compared to the other headlight formula packages? What type of warranty are you giving with this formula? I have tried the wesleys bleach cleaner and Simple green Concentrate. Seems like it works fine for a cleaner. (Simple green instead of Mean Green?) I wasn't able to fine Formula 83 anywhere. Any helpful advice is appreciated. Thanks for informative posts! (I have a lot of questions!!!)
What type of Helmsman Spar (Gloss, Semi, Satin, etc)?

Is it safe to mix bleach with simple green, does it not emit harmful gases? I no from others who have mixed bleach and certain degreasers (Grease Lighting) that it gave off harmful gases.
gt_repair

Post by gt_repair »

You would use the gloss for better shine.

I would not mix bleach. Do what we all do and you will not be buying a paint job like you may using bleach. We are not using Simple green..... It is Mean green. Wallmart or k-mart.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Gloss helmsman outdoor 50% mineral spirits thinner 50% 20 minutes to cure to the touch wd40 liquid with sandpaper for the first step second is a wipe down with thinner
mhughe29

Post by mhughe29 »

gt_repair;31106 wrote:You would use the gloss for better shine.

I would not mix bleach. Do what we all do and you will not be buying a paint job like you may using bleach. We are not using Simple green..... It is Mean green. Wallmart or k-mart.
Wesleys Bleach white is bleach so you are telling me you don't mix it with the mean green.
t4k

Post by t4k »

mhughe29;31114 wrote:Wesleys Bleach white is bleach so you are telling me you don't mix it with the mean green.

The original formula by Ben is:

(3) parts Wesleys Tire Bleach
(1) part Mean Green (NOT Simple Green)
gt_repair

Post by gt_repair »

Mean green and simple green is NOT the same.....

I do not know if Wesleys bleach and Bleach are the same either. stay with Wesleys and Mean Green.
jac59

Post by jac59 »

hello guys
im newbie here on this fourms.
Have learned great information by using the search button mostly about H/L's
and ya guys got some tricks which cant find any where else on the web so glad i founded this one.
i like ben's wipe trick on the wipes.
i mix my Mineral spirits and helmsman 50/50 in a small.10fl. 0z bottle just a enough for me to use per day. any of ya guys just mix it on the job? or how ya do your mixing.
by the way im in the jackson ms area.
t4k

Post by t4k »

jac59;31126 wrote:hello guys
im newbie here on this fourms.
Have learned great information by using the search button mostly about H/L's
and ya guys got some tricks which cant find any where else on the web so glad i founded this one.
i like ben's wipe trick on the wipes.
i mix my Mineral spirits and helmsman 50/50 in a small.10fl. 0z bottle just a enough for me to use per day. any of ya guys just mix it on the job? or how ya do your mixing.
by the way im in the jackson ms area.

I mix mine on site in a small paper cup. I wipe then throw the paper towel and the cup away and you are done.