repair problem

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Dave M
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Prospecting - Idea's

Post by Dave M »

I use a palm-sized butane torch (Home Depot) heating an area around the break, 3-4 inches in diameter, toward the break. Very important to allow the glass to cool before starting the repair.
huckle7berry

Post by huckle7berry »

speedmaverick wrote:Usually when this happens its the resin. I had the same problem with a bad resin. It was the Glass resins.com brand. Only use TOP quality resin!!!!

So in your opinion, what is the TOP resin out there ? And please don't tell me its GM.
scratchy

Latest Connecticut News

Post by scratchy »

I will give my 2 cents since many posters from last year are gone. I have used GM, GT and Delta extensively. With a Delta injector Delta resin works best. It also works great in a GM injector. The liter price is awesome so Delta gets my nod. For long cracks GT crack resin is the only thing I will use. That said, if the Delta resin will flow the distance of the crack stop to stop it looks just as nice and holds great. The rest of the GT resin lineup is great as well. If I could do it all over again I would have bought the liter quantity of magnibond as soon as my volume hit full time. Better late than never :oops:
Happy chipping! :lol:
mafsu

Post by mafsu »

Both Delta magnibond and the GT are great resins. I tend to lean more towards the GT but neither would be a poor choice.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by GlassStarz »

Sounds like hes descibing the typicle thumnail shaped dark spot that is sometimes left in the top of a bullseye
Personaly with a bull I tend to use a long and strong vac cycle several times and watch the stuff flow in a stream to the injector Pressure a bull longer than what seems needed and then pressure cure I had a old repair guy tell me that if the dark half moon is at the top its probably air if its at the bottom it water since its denser and will flow down makes sence but not sure if its true
Personaly i think the resin shrinks a bit when it cures which is why I pressure cure em
gaf

Post by gaf »

I haven't been on here in a while and I kind of got a kick out of seeing one of my old posts making it back onto the front page. It was 14 months ago that I made this post. I did find out what happened to this repair and it wasn't moisture or bad resin. The pit was so deep that it actually made its way to the laminate and as I put it on a pressure cycle the resin seperated the laminate and the glass thus creating a grey spot.