tools-new verses used

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

Re: Anyone in Atlanta???

Post by Anonymous »

Hello- I'm new here and was wondering if anyone had some advice on used verses new tools- bridges, ect.. I am starting my business and need to start as low on investment as possible. As a general rule - are used tools going to get me through to see how things work out , or is that maybe not advisable? Any and all advice would really be appreciated. I have been reading this forum for a while now and just decided I would write you all- This seems like a really cool place!!!! Thank You for your time, Karen
Anonymous

tools-new verses used

Post by Anonymous »

Check your ezBoard inbox!
Anonymous

Re: tools-new verses used

Post by Anonymous »

karen,
First let me welcome you in advance to the wonderful world of windshield repair.

My first equipment was used. It got me started. Some of the tools I still use, although I did upgrade to better bridge-injector assembly after about 2 years, but my first equipment did serve me very well, and I have no regrets about purchasing it.

If you are sure you are going to stay in the business, and can afford new, shop wisely and get good tools right off. However, you can often get good buys in e-bay if you have the time to wait for what you want, and bid wisely.

Be sure you get good training. No matter what system you purchase, without proper knowledge about windshield repair, it wont matter how good your tools are.

I wish you much success in this business. Grace