Resin won\'t cure?

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

Insurance for Windshield Repair Only

Post by Anonymous »

I am new and have only done 4 chip repairs.On the last 2 my resin wouldn't cure.I have the new UV lamp from glas weld that is round.It worked great the first 2 but for some reason the last two I had a hard time curing them.The bulb is the one that came with the lamp which I got new.Any ideas for me to start with?

thanks
Jeff (tooldini)
Anonymous

Resin won't cure?

Post by Anonymous »

I know this sounds like 'stating the obvious', but are you remembering to use curing tape or tabs? Without them, the resin will take much longer to cure, as it needs the airless environment they provide to facilitate fast curing.
Anonymous

re: resin wont cure

Post by Anonymous »

I was thinking maybe I am just seeing the excese resing run down when I remove the lamp and injector.This happens before the pit filler.Could that be what is happening?

thanks
Jeff
Anonymous

resin

Post by Anonymous »

Tooldini,
I use the same lamp as you do and have no problems. It sounds like you are seeing some excess resin coming from the injector after you remove it. Try this next time, after you first cure the repair, before you remove the injector,if you have the older type injector-before you take it off loosen the thumb screw and slighly pull the plunger up and then lock down the thumb screw, and then take the injector off. If you have the newer pro vac 2000, before removing the injector after the frist cure, unscrew the plunger for about half a round and then remove it.This should take care of the little problem you have.Then just put a drop of pit filler and a film tab and cure the pit, and scrape and then polish and collect payment.
Anonymous

Re: resin

Post by Anonymous »

I think your right about that,, kinda came into my head after I posted message LOL. Thanks and I will give that try.I am going to the glas weld Class in Columbus this next weekend.I am sure I will learn alot there.
Thanks for the help

Jeff (tooldini)