New I-100

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: New I-100

Post by Delta Kits »

Bruno wrote:I too will order the new injector, but I have an additional question, if the air can escape, how is it that the resin doesn't? also if you are designin another product, I would look into a system that does create a stronger vac, as it considerably speeds up the repair process, just a sugestion.

If you feel a stronger vac would speed up the repair process, you're not fully convinced yet. ;) The vac cycle is NOT what makes a repair process faster. Sure, you need to vacuum, but not to the extent that you think. I would highly recommend taking one of our free training classes, and would be good for anyone in the business, regardless of how long they've done windshield repair.

At least call for tech support. Tech support is free too, we usually don't bite (except Matt). It's much easier to explain and discuss specific problems or questions over the phone.

As far as how air can escape but resin doesn't, it's simply gravity. When you pull a vacuum, the air is lighter than resin, so it goes to the top. The piston is no longer in contact with the seal, allowing air to rise to the top. When you put it down in the pressure cycle, the air escapes (path of least resistance) until the piston meets the resin again, then meets the seal. If you have enough resin, once the piston touches that seal, all the air is out.
Delta Kits, Inc.
Delta Kits

Post by Delta Kits »

SGT wrote:No problem Jeff, I figured on an answer like that. Really the only one you can give in this setting. I will see you on the 18th with my father for a more in depth off the record of course answer!!!

You are right, I have not bumped up to the shinny one. You guys made your old tooling so well, and I have become so proficent with it and I have become so attatched to it I might go through separation anxiety if I trade up. I know you guys are soft sellers so lets see if you can twist my arm!!
What we don't tell people is that we have our hard sellers at training, so you'll be no match for them. They are Jeff and Matt....Oh wait, that's us. Nevermind, we probably won't even mention the upgrade. :)

Although all our training classes use it, so you'll be beggin' for the upgrade. If you wait until training though, it's a $85 upgrade. That's not true, but our salesmen say that's the way to get people to upgrade now.

Just messing with you Brian!
Delta Kits, Inc.
toab

Post by toab »

I am intrigued about your theorys on windshield repair Jeff and am curiuos to see your equipment in action someday and if you guys ever bring your mobile training up to Michigan or Possibly Ohio I will hop the border and definitly attend.
Layne

Post by Layne »

Jeff:

Since we are signatories to the NAFTA agreement, perhaps you would consider a trip to Mexico to conduct one of your training classes. On the way down the corridor, could you stop for a day in east Texas so some of us far removed from your regular sites may avail ourselves of your expertise?
Bois

Post by Bois »

I don't know, Layne. I offered them some hot cocoa if they'd visit Commerce when they were in Arlington earlier this year. Maybe we should offer some cool refreshments with, a punch, to entice them here?

Dale...
Mike Allen

Post by Mike Allen »

Women, give them women and they will come.
Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Jeff, no offence but I find that some of your theories are a little shy on commun sence. I am unfortunatly not the greatest at putting thoughts and theories to words, so I will not comment any further. But it would be interesting if some of the more experianced(and verbose) techs such as screenman, repair-breze, maxride, or coister would comment.
Delta Kits

Post by Delta Kits »

Bruno wrote:Jeff, no offence but I find that some of your theories are a little shy on commun sence. I am unfortunatly not the greatest at putting thoughts and theories to words, so I will not comment any further. But it would be interesting if some of the more experianced(and verbose) techs such as screenman, repair-breze, maxride, or coister would comment.

Thanks for your input! :)

So I guess you won't be upgrading then? ;) Just messing with you Bruno!
Delta Kits, Inc.
jonnyques

Post by jonnyques »

Jeff you said about the new injector... "Also, when putting in the vacuum notches, the notches are rounded a bit, plus the solid piece, means much less effort to pull out of vacuum to put into pressure. You simply roll it over to pressure"
I just recieved the new injector. Yes the seats are rounded, BUT the bottom of the ears that go into the seats are square. Did I miss read your post? I expected the bottom of the ears to be rounded also so they would nicely sit in the seats.
Delta Kits

Post by Delta Kits »

Yes, you misread my post, or missed my meaning. I simply mean that the rounded edges allow you to "twist off" much easier, rather than pulling fully out of the groove.
Delta Kits, Inc.