Number of repairs per day

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

Re: Other Forums

Post by Anonymous »

I've been talking to some of the wsr people in my area, (Houston TX), and have heard some say tht they can repair anywhere from 10 to 25 windshields a day. What do you all think? Is it really possible to have that many customers per day either at a tent location or as a mobile unit?

Thanks
Anonymous

Number of repairs per day

Post by Anonymous »

It's definitely possible. I averaged a little over 13 a day last year.

www.ohnonotagain.com
Anonymous

Re: Number of repairs per day

Post by Anonymous »

What type of advertising do you do?

Thanks
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I do mostly fleet work. Most of my business comes from word of mouth and cold calls.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Ben,

I believe there are enough vehicles with damaged windshields on the roads to provide this volume of work in most if not all parts of the country. Whether or not the owners opt for repair and pick you as there service provider well theres just to many variables to determine such a statistic for repair volume per day. Your commitment level(full or partime) as well as your ability to market and attract these potential customers as well as how saturated your market is will play a major role though. Pick a customer goal per day you can handle and still believer unequaled service and strive for that. Don't be discouraged if you don't make your mark. It will be good one day and poor the next with good and bad streaks in between.

I am part time and personally do not do that many repairs per day. Not even close. The volume varies from day to day and week to week. I am growing at the pace I have set for myself and I am pleased with the results of my efforts. I have fleet accounts and personal accounts. The only advertising I do at this point is meeting and greeting, tabbed flyers and word of mouth. I am hesitant to do any formal advertising and not being able to meet the demand while maintain my fulltime career.

The potential is there if you want it bad enough. Go get it and good luck.

Pay it foward,

Brian
www.safeglasstechnologies.com

[email]"info@safeglasstechnologies.com"[/email][/email]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Bfenne,, that is the same thing I am worried about dealing with.I have a full time job and want to quit LOL I am wondering to just blast the advertising or not.I would hate to have to turn work away, plus that would make you look bad.I think I will do what you do and see what happens.I would also be worried that the work may not stay if I get alot at first and quit.Then it drops down to nothing.Althoug my adult sites bring in enough to pay my bills I use the extra money for toys LOL I am a 33 year old kid. So you mostly just use flyers posted around town and word of mouth?

thanks
tooldini
Anonymous

bfenne

Post by Anonymous »

tooldini,

I hear you. You know that old saying " The only difference between a man and a boy, Is the price of their toys" The ladies around here might have others though.

I have set a goal for myself to retire in about 6-10 years from the airlines, depending on the economy. This will give me approx 20-25 years in service at which point I want to have my business built up for a smooth transition.

Yes, for right now all I have used for advertising is word of mouth and as you know that could make you or break you as it can spread like wild fire, flyers and my own personal efforts to acquire accounts. I will continue to build on these methods for now. I have toyed around with place mats, newspapers, and even a billboard but decided against them. I do think I will very soon list in the yellow pages to establish a more solid presence as a brick and mortar company. I feel this lends more credibility. I know people feel that yellow pages do not produce good returns, just price shoppers but I feel it is necessary evil to be visible to the masses.

Pay it foward,

Brian
www.safeglasstechnologies.com

[email]"info@safeglasstechnologies.com"[/email][/email]
Anonymous

Re: bfenne

Post by Anonymous »

the only advertising I see around here is Yellow pages.I haven't seen any thing else.

tooldini
Anonymous

yellow pages

Post by Anonymous »

test test test
Anonymous

test

Post by Anonymous »

As per the original question, there are so many variables, but a one person operation, with a well planned and well financed marketing and advertising plan should be doing at least 30 mobile repairs per week. Past this level, the paperwork increases to the point where one may need a mate to aid in accounting, telephone answering, scheduling,etc.
I know of noone in my sector that utilizes the temporary (tent or awning) approach but it is intriguing.