Windshield Treatments

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
sunshine wr

Re: Windshield Treatments

Post by sunshine wr »

To anyone who uses the Nanotec product I would like to hear your comments, pro and con. Either pm or here on the forum. Thanks!
dingmedic

Post by dingmedic »

We just ordered some yesterday, will let ya know in about a week. Dawn
toab

Post by toab »

Sounds like this might be worth looking into as long as this applied product does not creep into a rock chip or crack that happens down the road after the application was applied or else I am just shooting myself in the foot.
kenb81
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by kenb81 »

yes i think it might be something to look into. It seems it might be better than Aquapel but i like the idea that aquapel needs to be reapplied every 4-6 months so you have repeat customers and another chance to check thier windshield for damage
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

It doesn't "creep" Nanotec forms a molecuar bond on top of the surface it is put on. I've done several repairs on glass I've treated. Pit resin doesn't stick well to the suface, but I've had no problems with the pit area or inside the break.
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

Has anyone used these products yet? (Nanotec) just wondering what your results were?
CV Windshield Repair
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by CV Windshield Repair »

I have used the product on a couple of customers cars, it is easy to apply and does not require much product. I also applied it on my truck and my wifes and daughters cars. I noticed that initally it seemed to work pretty well however after a few weeks it did not seem to do as well. What I mean is when it is applied initially the glass feels really smooth to the touch much like when you are working on a customers car that has applied some other type of windshield treatment, you know what I mean, when you tab and and cure your resin stays on your tab, usually if you run your hand across those windshields they feel smooth. Sunshine what are your thoughts on the product?
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

I've had it on my car for almost a year and have put 25,000 miles on it and it still reacts the same as it did when I put it on. I also use their plastic product as a final finish after headlight polishing with excellent results.
zlm_us

Post by zlm_us »

Just curious if anyone has ever used this item on windshields before and if so what was the results. I emailed them yesterday and they said that it worked on windshields, but could leave the windshield hazy if it wasnt properly cleaned. I actually found out about this item on an older post, but never heard anyone say anything else about it. The item is polymer and not silicone based.
Dependable Dave

Post by Dependable Dave »

Nanotec Australia now has a US distributor in Virginia.

John Moore
Windshield Welding Systems in Woodbridge, VA