Headlight restoration

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Gbrad

Headlight restoration

Post by Gbrad »

Is the jury still out on this service or what? I was sent a sample system from a company and it worked pretty good but what is the market. There is one guy that travels my area called "Headlight Renew, I think and he said that some headlights take him an hour or two. With a going rate of about $65.00 tops a set, that sucks if you are there for two hours. Is this the norm
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Headlight restoration

Post by GlassStarz »

I use Premier Paints Clean and Clear with a cordless drill takes all the junk off the headlights in a couple minutes also great for the moderate scratches off the glass
1 866-917-9400
jonnyques

Post by jonnyques »

I bought the bright solutions kit at the MTE 2 years ago. I dont find it to be very good, at least in my climate. This year at the MTE I plan on bringing lens with me for the venders to do a demo on. The lens they use just suffer from UV damage. I want to see what they can do with one that have not survived a Canadian winter and roads. There is a comp thats product is callen Lens Renew, I wonder if thats what he is using? I charge $75 for a pair. I find it takes an hour /pair. The demo took 10min and LOOK you can charge $150!!, ya right, not around here.
John62

Post by John62 »

jonnyques

Post by jonnyques »

Took a quick look and the systems all look the same. Id say they were all the IPS system whith just different name branding. As I have said in this tread and in others, I hope they show up at the MTE Jan 2006. AS with all the latest and greatest, put up or shut up. Ill have my sample pieces there and will give all a chance to show their stuff if they want. If someone shines you know Ill voice my results on this and other forms.
CPR

Post by CPR »

I like that idea, I can bring a few nasty lights too. Let's see if the guy from ips will show up at the MTE, I'll call him soon.
jonnyques

Post by jonnyques »

One other thing you must ask is how the product will work (during aplication) in different weather. High heat, cold, humidity, etc. You can forget about bright solutions if its cold, it just fogs up and looks streaky.
Bill D

Post by Bill D »

jonnyques,
With due respect, you have been hand fed all the info you need to contact IPS, but want others to do it for you. It's not that hard-just ask for Dave Giddens, the inventor and owner.
You have to buy his kit direct, or from a distributor, or buy out a previous customer. This is to keep one from putting a kit together with improper parts and the kit not working properly. Same reason prices are not listed. 1-877-777-6858.
Very nice guy to deal with. Good luck.
the big welshman

Post by the big welshman »

Hi there I use a Glass/Tech Product . I have done some head lights ie yellow/green in colour in which I have had some luck, but when cleaning some chrysler vehicles there seem to be a film on the headlights, after going through the operation there seem still a film on them .I spoke to head office at G/T they advised me to use a harder grit to go under the film .This product does not work on pitted headlights---ANY TIPS PLEASE
kenb81

Post by kenb81 »

How would you remove the film on chrysler products? Should you remove it?