Bubble Dome / Uv / Temperature

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
johnnyone
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Bubble Dome / Uv / Temperature

Post by johnnyone »

I was wondering if the Dome blocks the UV rays, does it also keep temperature down? Does it act like a clear shade? It is my understanding that in the winter months there is less uv along with cooler temperatures and just the opposite in the summer, Higher UV with higher temperatures.
If your want to know what the UV readings are, look in the local news paper in the weather section?
I have ordered the Bubble Dome and will be looking forward to its arrival.
Bullseye WSR
repare-brise

Re: Bubble Dome / Uv / Temperature

Post by repare-brise »

Johnny

The bubble is great for UV blocking, but does not control temp. It is also invaluable in a light rain/snow fal, the rubber seal does a good job of keeping the repair area dry. One other bonus of the Bubble is that it catches the eye of curious on lookers"what's that for".

Merci
dingmedic

Post by dingmedic »

I really like my new UV dome, It was snowing here Thursday but it didnt stop me from repairing a large star for a customer who need it done ASAP. Dawn
gold star wsr

Post by gold star wsr »

Looks like it might also keep your hands from freezing on really cold days, especially if the wind is howling?
shermfiddle

Post by shermfiddle »

I've never used anything like a bubble dome and was curious if it is large enough to flex a stubborn crack with my probe? Also is it large enough to handle GM injector?

"I still love this business!"
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Sun shining through a plastic dome has got to raise the heat sure that big hole in the side will give some circulation but for those guys in texas etc and not working under a cover I have to wonder.
repare-brise

Post by repare-brise »

Shermfiddle

Yes the bubble dome will hold 2 GM injectors(see my site at http://www.repare-brise.net one of the photo's has 2 injectors in the bubble). I also use it for crack repair, as I slide the injector along the crack I slide the bubble along as well, curing behind it. There is enough room to work inside(changing cycles, or drilling for example). If I was you I would purchace 2 of them and discard your little plastic sheet with 4 suction cups to the "only in an emergancy would I go back go that thing pile", they make life that much simpler. The only down side to them is that they take up space when not in use.

Merci
johnnyone

Post by johnnyone »

Yes Merci, it does take up a lot of space, I guess I will keep it in back seat for now, Where do you keep yours? It arrived today and to my surprise it is soft and flexable. I like the idea that is a protective barrier to the elements. So far it has more positives than negetives.
Bullseye WSR
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

You could wear it on your head. No more sunburn.
Sneck

Post by Sneck »

I got mine the other day. I was thinking as an added benefit I could cut a hole in the top of my car, put the bubble on top and drive down the road looking like "George Jetson".

I have not used it yet, but am looking forward to the week-end. That is when I do most of my windshield repair work.

Sneck