The New NWRA

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: The New NWRA

Post by GlassStarz »

A guy with his people skills and great attitude must do well when talking to the suits at places like Toyota LOL yup sounds like someone I want representing my interests "NOT"
SGT

Post by SGT »

Okay, so we know how some feel about Mike B and GW and others may feel the same but choose to refrain. We are all entitled to think and feel how we want but don't cut off your nose to spite your face. We all know there are things that need to change in our industry and that will take representation. If Delta Kits(Brent) can somehow find the character to allow Mike B. to post here after the events that have taken place, then let’s not forget what happened but let’s move on and they will handle their relations as they see fit.

You know it is a lot easier to complain about something than be proactive in the solution. If we really want things to change, crying here on the forum will get us nowhere. Some may feel that if you do not elect to be part of the solution we really have no right to complain. I propose that we look at the big picture and frankly Mike B. is not the big picture. It is our industry and those problems we all share. Not one of us can make a difference large enough to change anything on our own. Together with the NWRA we just may be able to accomplish something. If you really want to show your dislike for Mike B., join the NWRA and be a positive nuisance and continually stay on top of him, keep him honest, make him work for you, us and the industry. That will require more effort though than complaining here on the forum!

Is this really the best we have to offer?
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

In previous NWRA discussions on the windshield repair forum technicians brought up concerns and asked suggestions.

Does anyone have any questions about the NWRA that Mr. Boyle can answer?

What is it that you want from the NWRA in exchange for your support?

What has kept you from joining in the past?

Let's see if we can make this topic as useful as possible.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
the big welshman

Post by the big welshman »

Welcome Mr Boyle I was member of the n.w.r.a years ago in Mr Walt Gormans era It is a pity that you cannot move the main meeting to differant parts of the USA??? East Coast ie Washington- N York etc West Coast LA-Seattle etc maybe you will increase membership in the association???
screenman

Post by screenman »

Welcome Mr Boyle I hope you manage to get WSR to where it belongs, can I come back on the Glas-Weld forum now seeing as you chucked me off for not being pro Glas-Weld. I personaly would like to see this committee ran by someone independant, or maybe someone from within the insurance industry.
Wago

Post by Wago »

Hello everyone. My name is Wally in Florence, Oregon and I'm the only mobile tech in a town of 8,500 people (how sweet is that?). In response to Brent Deines request for questions and/or comments to the NWRA, I ask the following - As a very small independent WR tech would it be at all possible for NWRA to consider a different class of membership (a lesser annual fee) for the "one guy in a phone booth" size companies? I suppose I'm directing this question to Mike Boyle. Thanks.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

I have gone through the NWRA Bylaws, and guess what......interesting stuff....it appears that all board members are disqualified. Below is why (quote from the bylaw)

4.2 Qualifications of Directors. Each Director shall be a natural person of at
least twenty-four (264 years of age who has been a voting member in good
standing of the association for atleast two consecutive years, who need not be a
resident of Pennsylvania.

Indeed, you need to be 264 years of age.
May I kindly suggest to change this minor error in the bylaw? :lol:
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

Oops, I forgot to add the link to the bylaw....for easier navigation and your convenience....http://www.nwraassociation.org/document ... y-Laws.pdf
screenman

Post by screenman »

Well spotted!
scratchy

Post by scratchy »

GlassStarz wrote:Not to be the t#@d in the punch bowl and I do agree we need an actual representative group and thus far the NWRA has not been one and you promise a much needed change
But I haven't forgotten the deceptive Videos and smear campaign Glasweld is responsible for and checking their website I find the video is still there resulting in my belief that although your claims to be after our best interests may indead be true I cant be involved with anyone who does business the way Glasweld does so Im not jumping into the boat I wont be Joining the NWRA
That video is ridiculous. Someone wasn't doing it right.