Wavy distortions in windsield: A defect?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Hesson11
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Wavy distortions in windsield: A defect?

Post by Hesson11 »

I just wanted to update you kind folks on the outcome:

Mazda is going to replace the windshield under warranty! Needless to say I'm very pleased. The windshield is now in transit from Texas to Florida. I didn't even have to tell them about my powerful new online friends in the windshield industry who said it needs to be replaced!

Again, thank you very much for your thoughtful and helpful replies.

=Bob
Mariagilbert
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Mariagilbert »

A badly installed windshield is one of the most dangerous things of all time for drivers, since thousands of people may end up in fatal accidents due to the windshield coming out after collision or rollover. Defective windshields can break more easily than properly made ones too, which would mean that, even if you have never been in an accident, your chances of coming out of one without significant injuries would be very low if ever one were to happen. :idea:
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

Although I agree with some of your points Maria, I do feel that you are over dramatizing it a bit. For sure it can happen but we have managed to only find a very few cases as evidence to prop up the claim.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

I created a new topic for this response so it would be easier to search for but thought I should also include it here. The new topic subject is: OEM vs OEE Glass

Just read an interesting article about OEM vs OEE Glass. I know there have been discussions on this board about distortions within OEM and OEE or ARG glass in the past and this article addresses some of those questions. http://techfeatured.com/automotive/1164 ... auto-glass
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.