Never seen Forum so inactive

The Windshield Repair Forum water cooler for topics that do not belong in another forum. Feel free to put your feet up, relax, and get to know each other!
kennycrane
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Never seen Forum so inactive

Post by kennycrane »

Just a shout out to everyone, hope that all is doing well. I have for years enjoyed reading whatever was posted on this forum, but it just seems that it has slowed way down. Not sure if it has been the Pandemic or maybe everyone is just to busy, I know that I have been really busy. Thanks to all who over the years have shared your experience over this forum.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Never seen Forum so inactive

Post by Brent Deines »

We still have a lot of active readers but very few engaging these days. It might have something to do with the Pandemic or everyone being busy, but I think the reality is that most who were once active here have moved to Facebook groups, which admittedly are more suited for those who want to build relationships with other users.

I'm old school, just wanting to find what I need, and get on with my day, so forums like this remain my preference for finding useful information, but I think the 30-50 crowd is all about Facebook. I'm not a Facebook guy but my younger employees and customers all seem to like it, and while much smaller in total membership and content than this forum, windshield repair Facebook groups are much more active. I just read an article stating that only about 30% of people under 30 use Facebook for anything other than Messenger, and are now gravitating to other micro-community campfire platforms...what ever that means. :?

I plan to leave this forum up for the foreseeable future as it still receives a lot of reader traffic and it requires virtually no moderation these days, but it will never likely be like it once was. Thanks for all your contributions and support over the years!
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.