Big pit adapter

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
abadjam
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Big pit adapter

Post by abadjam »

Does Delta sell a large pit adapter? The kind that just over a large chip pit,and the bridge goes fits into it?
Tim
A Bad Jam "Roadside Assistance" LLC
www.abadjamroadside.com
877-LANE SOS
Kgobin

Re: Big pit adapter

Post by Kgobin »

When it comes to large pits, we recommend you filling the pit with pit resin first then cure it to form a cap over the break. Afterwards, drill through the cap and apply the injector to fill the break like normal repair.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

Korey I noticed on bigger pits when I cap them drill process. The pit area looks not as good after polishing sometimes especially if it is a large pit. Should I buy something or is there anything made that will do a super polish after. I currently use corks to polish.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

You can try using a polishing wheel on your Delta Kits or Dremel drill but I've always found it difficult to keep the surface perfectly flat. There are a bunch of different styles of felt wheels and we used to carry several of them. I think we might have some of the Dremel 414 polishing wheels left but you would have to call the office to double check as it is not a regular stock item for us anymore. Google Dremel 414 to see if that is something you want to try. I think they are about $5 retail but we'll meet or beat anyone's price if we still have any.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.