Tent set up WIND

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
RCRNR
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Tent set up WIND

Post by RCRNR »

I am closed today again because of wind being I work from a tent. If anyone out there has any ideas of a better way to secure a tent I would appreciate the feedback. I currently use 2 30 lb weights on each leg on one side which is the side I am having issues with. The other side is fine I anchor it to my car.
Attachments
anchor1.jpg
anchor1.jpg (81.39 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Tent set up WIND

Post by screenman »

I used metal plates over the top of that flat bit on the bottom of the leg, then parked my car on top of it like you have. Only did a tent for a few weeks and found it very time consuming, fleets and dealers are a far better and reliable income 12 months of the year in my humble.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

I don't have much personal experience with tents but I think if I had a location secured for several months or longer I would fasten an aluminum plate to the ground using something like these: https://www.asphaltanchors.com/

Then attach the tent leg to the anchor plate. Depending on your design and how easy you wanted to make it to attach the tent legs there might be $50-$200 of upfront cost, but I think there are a number of ways you could do that without adding a lot of time to your daily setup and tear down procedures. Even simpler and less expensive, you could install asphault anchors and then screw in eye bolts that you could use to tie down the tent legs.

You would have to have the property owner's permission of course, but I can't imagine they would have a problem with it.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Mario
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Mario »

Well i seen some people uses some vinyl cutting machines and all they have to do is to put the tent on the windows. I honestly came here to ask people which machines they use.