BEST TENT FOR WSR

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
RCRNR
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

BEST TENT FOR WSR

Post by RCRNR »

I currently have a tent at a mall location and am hoping to hire someone and set-up at a 2nd location. The tent I use has held up well this first year, but is quite expensive. I am hoping to get some feedback on what companies others have used for their tents. I currently use a 10x15 tent from Instent with the vitabri v3 frame. My current tent with all the banners, Banners I purchased separate in total cost me around 3k. Is this a good price would like to purchase two more so I have one as a back up at all times.
Ford

Re: BEST TENT FOR WSR

Post by Ford »

I used a Ozark trail 12x12 slant leg for 5 or so years. It's a decent canopy but it needed a slotted steel L-bar internal frame to withstand the constant 20-30mph+ winds here in deep South Texas. The canopy itself was around $100 at Walmart, but the only hassle was putting and taking down the top canvas every day ( was afraid of leaving it on overnight bc of the risk of tearing ). All in all, with the canopy, the frame and all the hardware to bolt the internal frame together, I'd say it was about $600-$800. That's also including any bungie chords and the over priced banners I got from Fast Signs, also the 24 cinder blocks needed to keep the thing down in heavy winds.. hope this helped. P.s. this canopy frame stayed put on the property, so I just showed up for work, put the top and banners on (if u have 2 people it's really easy) and was ready for business
Glass Patch

Post by Glass Patch »

Back when I did it in the 80's. We had stick on plastic sun shields and I still have one.

The tents are cool and I have been looking on ebay for some. But one thing I would suggest. Which ever tent you get? Add at least 2 side panels to it, to use as needed.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

Does anyone have photos of tents they would like to share. I know some of you are very creative, let's see what you've got.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

tent 2.jpg
tent 2.jpg (161.74 KiB) Viewed 2746 times
https://www.windshield-repair-forum.com ... iew&id=470
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Nice tent, how big is it? Can one person set it up?
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

It is 10foot by 15 foot I am stronger now but when I started was weak, one person can easily set up. Even when I was in recovery. Just bought number two hopfully at some point my son will do one as well.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

That's awesome!
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
johnnyone

Post by johnnyone »

Thats the best pop up tent I have ever seen!! WOW.
Thanks for sharing your pic