Build Customer Base

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
Successteamnva
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Build Customer Base

Post by Successteamnva »

How do you experienced build your customer base?
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Build Customer Base

Post by screenman »

Sorry missed this one.

I built my base by knocking on the doors of large fleets, my best ever customer took me 17 calls before I got my first job off of them. They then spent about $2,000 a month with me for the next 17 years, I then trained them up and sold them two Delta kits
ghost rider

Post by ghost rider »

Screenman pretty much said it all with "knocking on doors". Talk to everyone who will listen. Don't assume anyone is not a customer until he proves he isn't. Once you get in that door you need to show what you can do for them. You need to set yourself apart from your competition. I got most of my accounts with a free demo. I was lucky, no one in this area could do a decent repair. I can't tell you how many times I heard "didn't know they were supposed to look like that" . When they said that I knew I had a new customer.
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

Ghost Rider that motivated me to go after fleets being most are already service by others in this area. Being I do lots of non fleet work and here that same thing every day. This is why I love this forum sometimes I gain knowledge and other times something that simple that motivates me.Thanks
FixitFelix

Post by FixitFelix »

My plan isnt much different from what I did when I first got into glazing, and that's to focus a large portion of my efforts on digital traffic.
I'm your huckleberry
Successteamnva

Post by Successteamnva »

Could you give some examples of FLEET accounts? Like used car lots?
ghost rider

Post by ghost rider »

Successteamnva wrote: October 27th, 2019, 1:11 pm Could you give some examples of FLEET accounts? Like used car lots?
I use three categories for my customer base.

1. Retail. Cash and insurance customers.

2. Resale vehicles. Independent used car lots. New car dealer lots. New truck dealer lots.

3. Fleets. Any person or company that owns multiple vehicles.

I usually limit a fleet discount to a fleet of 20 or more vehicles. You can make that any number you want. Look for over the road trucks, delivery trucks, service trucks. Anyone based in your town or has a service garage there. The new truck dealer is a great place to get referrals if you do work for them. One of my best accounts was the natural gas company when I worked in a large metro area, 1200 + vehicles, cars and trucks. Sometimes dealing with the govt. can be tough, but look at all the vehicles your state, county and city have. School bus fleets. Now is a great time to hit lawn care co's. Fleets are put away for the winter, you can look at the whole fleet in one place and make a bunch of money in a very short time. So many fleets out there, too many to list.
All you have to do to find fleets is park your car along a busy street or highway in your town and watch traffic. Write down the names of all the cars and trucks with company names and logos on them. Then go find them and make the sale.