Windshield Repair Upsells, Do You Guys Put Any Into Practice?

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
FixitFelix
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Windshield Repair Upsells, Do You Guys Put Any Into Practice?

Post by FixitFelix »

Guys,

While going through Safelite's quote process, I noticed that they offer windshields as an upsell. Granted the upsell obviously was optional, and they didnt push it too hard, but it got me to wondering just how many of those upsells they manage to do successfully. Do any of you offer upsells similar to this when doing your repairs?

Eagerly looking forward to some of you guys' input.

Thanks!
I'm your huckleberry
johnnyone
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Windshield Repair Upsells, Do You Guys Put Any Into Practice?

Post by johnnyone »

I remember when I use to call in the insurance claims I would put my phone on speaker, With the insured on they would up sell there service and down sell my service all the time.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Windshield Repair Upsells, Do You Guys Put Any Into Practice?

Post by Brent Deines »

I always recommend what I believe is best for the customer, not what I make the most money on. If a repair can be done successfully and will look good when complete, that is what I recommend. If I feel the repair will not hold, or the way the completed repair looks will not be acceptable by the customer, I recommend a replacement. I'll also recommend a replacement even if I know the customer will be satisfied with a repair, but also know that I wouldn't be satisfied if it was in my own windshield. That may mean the damage is in the direct line of site, is a long crack that I feel could still be a distraction, has too much crushed glass to look good, etc. My approach was the same when I replaced windshields as it is now that I only repair.

There is money to be made by up-selling a customer to a new windshield and there are a lot of companies who do exactly that, but I believe you should always do what is in the customer's best interest, not just what puts the most money in your own pocket.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.