Business Vehicle

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Successteamnva
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Business Vehicle

Post by Successteamnva »

What types of vehicle do most use for your business? Is it a critical decision on which type to use?
Semper Fi

Re: Business Vehicle

Post by Semper Fi »

I am going to assume that you are talking about a mobile set up. You would need to take into account where your customers will be asking you to do the repairs. If it is strictly a city the get a vehicle that is good on gas that will allow you carry all of your equipment and supplies. If the majority of your customer base is located in rural areas with dirt roads you may want to get a vehicle that has four or all wheel drive. If you are going to do the tent model then get something that will carry your tent, banners and signage. I hope this helps.
Semper Fi - USMC
Don’t give up! Don’t ever give up!
Jimmy V.
Successteamnva

Post by Successteamnva »

I actually plan to use my hardtop Jeep Wrangler. I have vinyl advertising on the hardtop glass and rear glass along with magnetic door signs. The rear see is removed to store tools and supplies. I als have a small aluminum folding camp table to set up for my kit. Found out that I needed a 2 step ladder for trucks and raised SUV’s
Semper Fi

Post by Semper Fi »

Sound to me like you’re all set. Good luck!
Semper Fi - USMC
Don’t give up! Don’t ever give up!
Jimmy V.
johnnyone
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by johnnyone »

Successteamnva wrote: December 8th, 2018, 2:32 pm I actually plan to use my hardtop Jeep Wrangler. I have vinyl advertising on the hardtop glass and rear glass along with magnetic door signs. The rear see is removed to store tools and supplies. I als have a small aluminum folding camp table to set up for my kit. Found out that I needed a 2 step ladder for trucks and raised SUV’s
Wow! That what I have 2018 Jeep Wrangler hard top. Have a plastic sign which covers the windshield and the wiper blades hold it in place, it is big and light, works great. I seem to draw a lot of wranglers that need chip repair.
Glass Patch

Post by Glass Patch »

Greetings

I have just signed up here, but am no stranger to the repair business. Back in 1985 through 1987 I was a Glass Saver. I have found the better appearance the more respect and trust for your business. I have 2 sons that I am trying to get interest in this type of business so I have been collecting up enough equipment for 3 complete kits. I still have my old kit but was badly need of some upgrading.