Starting out

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Successteamnva
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Starting out

Post by Successteamnva »

Hello all,
I have been practicing for about 8 months now and have all my business tools inplace and ready to venture out after recovering from an Achilles’ tendon surgery which had me down and out since late August. My question is this. Should I start out repair for cash/charge or insurance or both? What would you pros who have been doing this suggest? I am retired so I have the time to invest. Thanks! :)
Semper Fi

Re: Starting out

Post by Semper Fi »

In my opinion you should set yourself up to accept both cash customers and insurance claims. Don’t limit any income streams. Good luck with your business.
Semper Fi - USMC
Don’t give up! Don’t ever give up!
Jimmy V.
kingsglassrepair

Post by kingsglassrepair »

Definitely both because not everyone will have glass coverage so they will be automatically a cash customer, Find out what others are charging for cash price or come up with a price that you think that area would be willing to pay for a repair.
http://kingsprecisionglassrepair.com
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

I am a true believer in Insurance It is of great benefit to your customer. Even if you go to State Farms website which don't always cover repairs for their customers they do an excellent job of explaining the benefits of repair over replacement.(Ironic). Do all of the above your customers will appreciate the fact you take insurance usually at a lower cost than you would charge cash as a benefit to them plus it brings in an extreme amount of business. ALL of my jobs and businesses I have owned in the past all required sales ability and relationship building. You don't have to be a sales man to set up a free repair to a customer but do still build a relationship. I am always curious how things are going for others new to this like me. Let us know how its going.