250 or 300?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Jtmac
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

250 or 300?

Post by Jtmac »

What are the differences between these two bridges...Advantages or disadvantages of each?? I'm in the market to upgrade my equipment and would like to hear from those who are familiar with both.
Thanks-
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: 250 or 300?

Post by Brent Deines »

I assume you have already contacted our sales or customer service departments and are asking for other user opinions but if that is not the case and you would would like me to describe the differences let me know.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Jtmac

Post by Jtmac »

I was hoping to get just a quick summary from someone. Price is similar. Is the attachment method the only real difference. I haven't had time to sit down and make a phone call to customer service.
screenman

Post by screenman »

I have used them both, although I prefer the flip they both do the job very well. Both are very stable which is a plus for our job, not had any problems with either of them. Both I can fit one handed, which on a truck or any large vehicle is useful, the flip might just slightly edge it for that. In the end I would just say it is what takes your fancy, they are both quality tools for quality repairs.
Jtmac

Post by Jtmac »

Thank you! Kinda what I was thinking.
Semper Fi

Post by Semper Fi »

Brent Deines wrote: November 16th, 2018, 5:12 pm I assume you have already contacted our sales or customer service departments and are asking for other user opinions but if that is not the case and you would would like me to describe the differences let me know.
New to the forum and looking to get into the AGR business. Any eloboration on these would be greatly appreciated.
Semper Fi - USMC
Don’t give up! Don’t ever give up!
Jimmy V.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Both bridges have a triangular shaped glass filled nylon base that is nearly indestructible. The triangular shape allows you to reach the edge of the glass without the use of adapters and combined with the compact size creates an exceptionally stable base to hold your injector firmly against the glass with minimal pressure against the glass.

Both use vacuum cups that are superior to suction cups for maximizing holding power while minimizing the amount of pressure necessary to attach them to the glass.

The B300 has a metal and plastic pump style vacuum pump that features an indicator to alert the user to any pressure loss. The pump style cup also works on windshields with too tight of a curve to mount the flip style cups which is a slight advantage over the B200.

The 250 has a stainless steel and aluminum flip lever style vacuum pump that is extremely durable and easy to use. Although in rare instances you may run into a windshield with a compound curve that the B250 will not adhere to, less than one in a thousand customers have ever complained about this so the overall durability, low maintenance, and ease of use give the flip lever style cup a slight overall advantage.

Both bases have slot in the center to make quick and easy forward and aft adjustments, as well as side to side adjustments. The B300 has a limited side to side adjustment so the B250 has a slight advantage with its full 360 degree rotation.

Both come equipped with Delta Kits stainless steel spring type injectors but will accept Delta Kits stainless steel and aluminum injectors as well.

Both feature stainless steel adjustment screws with soft rubber tips to protect the glass, allowing the base to be adjusted for curved and/or vertical applications.

I used the B300 for years and it worked very well. In fact I don't know that I ever had a problem with it myself but then again I am very picky about my tools and always keep them properly cleaned and maintained. If you do that I suspect you will be very happy with either bridge.

However, the B300 does take a bit more maintenance than the B250 because it is made of plastic, has more moveable parts, a pump seal that needs to be cleaned and lubed occasionally, and a filter that needs to be cleaned or replaced from time to time. The B300 also takes slightly longer (a couple of seconds) to attach to the glass than the B250 and does not allow for 360 degree rotation. None of these are deal breakers for me but some of the equipment that is returned to us for "warranty repairs" has been abused for years with no apparent cleaning or maintenance...ever. Under those conditions it's hard to beat the B250 in my opinion.

The bottom line is that it is personal preference but I have both and I find I always reach for the B250. I do keep a B300 in my kit just in case I run across one of those oddball windshields with a compound curve but so far I’ve only run into one of those myself.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Semper Fi

Post by Semper Fi »

Now that is whst I call elaboration. Thank you for the detailed overview. I greatly appreciate your in-depth description of both.
Semper Fi - USMC
Don’t give up! Don’t ever give up!
Jimmy V.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

My pleasure.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.