Finally Good Leads

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
RebelTitan74
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Finally Good Leads

Post by RebelTitan74 »

This is awsome info thank you very mush

mrchips wrote: January 5th, 2010, 4:53 pm For those do-it-yourselfers.......here's how to do it: IT'S A WHOLE LOT SIMPLER THAN IT SOUNDS, REALLY!

You need a webpage (A simple, cheap cost, one page website, no more is needed - more on this in a bit)
you need a URL address (somewhere for your page to sit....like, dallaschiprepair.com - I'll tell you how to get one for under 20 bucks)
You need a phone (I assume you have one)
You need an email address (sign up with Google and get a separate "GMAIL" email address for this)
You need an adwords account with Google (its FREE) IMPORTANT IT'S SET UP CORRECTLY)
You need to write a few simple ads (I'll show you how)
You need to target JUST the GEO location your serve or want to serve (I'll show you how)

Print this out or make a list of your own

Here's the steps:
1. SET UP A WEBSITE: Set up a ONE PAGE WEBSITE (Google "one page website templates") with your basic info, i.e. company name, what you do, a few photos about repairs (these "templates" can be free from the web)
Make sure your site is easy to read and has........a call to action on it, like "call today to schedule your repair" and/or, "Contact us to schedule your repair NOW"

To set up a simple one page website for repairs, Google "windshield repair" and see what your competition is doing. Pattern your new site after theirs (we call it cloning) make it YOUR site with YOUR stuff. If you dont know how to get and use a one page site, (or dont want to) ask around locally for a designer to design you a "simple one page template site" or Google that and find someone. It should not cost you more than 50-200 dollars tops! KEEP IT SIMPLE. For that price you can have a GREAT ONE PAGE SITE......Make it look GOOD........look around and DO NOT PAY A LOT. It isn't necessary!

2. FIND A GREAT WEB ADDRESS: Go to http://www.instantdomainsearch.com and find a good URL (web address). You can buy them directly there (they give you a few choices, I like Godaddy) You shouldn't pay more than 10-15 bucks for a whole year. TIP: make sure the name has the words "windshieldrepair" in it if you can (it'll help down the road for others to find you organically - more on that later), for example, bobswindshieldrepair or dallaswindshieldrepair. The one you want may not be available, so keep trying and find a simple one if you can.

3. SET UP A GOOGLE EMAIL ADDRESS: Type in "gmail" and follow STEPS to set one up (use this when you set up your FREE google adwords account)

4. SET UP A GOOGLE ADWORDS ACCOUNT: Go to http://www.adwords.google.com. Follow the steps and set up a "WINDSHIELD REPAIR" account. Here's the critical TIPS:
[*]Under budget options heading,
a)choose a small budget to begin with (google allows you to choose a daily amount)
b)choose "Accelerated"
[*]Under Network and bidding heading,
a)CHECK the following: GOOGLE SEARCH, SEARCH PARTNERS, POSITION PREFERENCES (UNDER THIS YOU WANT TO CHOOSE POSITION 4-7 NOT 1, 2, OR 3 People who choose 1-3 pay sometimes double what you will pay in position 4-7 and stats show just as many see and choose those in position 4-7 - this tip alone will save you big time)
b)UNCHECK the following: THE CONTENT NETWORK (Make SURE this box is unchecked)
c)CHECK the following: Desktop and laptop computers and iphones and other mobile devices
[*]Under Scheduling and serving,
a)UNCHECK run at selected times
b)CHECK Optimize
[*]Under target audience
a)check targeting locations THIS IS WHERE YOU CHOOSE YOUR LOCAL AREA........SUPER IMPORTANT, YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR ADS THAT SHOW UP IN DALLAS IF YOU ARE IN LA. HERE IS WHERE YOU CAN CHOOSE CITY, STATE, ZIP CODE OR EVEN A TARGETED MILE RADIUS AROUND A CERTAIN ZIP CODE........THIS IS CRITICAL

5. HAVE PRESELECTED KEYWORDS READY. You can go to https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal and use Google's tool to help you choose the proper keywords, but I would start with a couple simple basic ones, i.e. windshield repair, chip repair, (remember since you are specifying a location, like dallas or dade county (in number 4 above) your ads will only show up when someone in those locations type in the keywords you select. How cool is that? Later you can select more keywords and keyword phrases, like "chip repair in dallas" for example.

6. WRITE A FEW ADS. Go to google and type in "windshield repair" look at the existing ads.......clone the ones at the top, point them to your site and there you are! (no need to reinvent the wheel) Just remember, to make the ads simple and eye catching!. I suggest you run 2 ads for each keyword, that way you can test which ones are more effective......sometimes even one word will make a difference in how many people click on your ad.

These are the basics.............once your account with google ad words is set up (it's free to set up) the tracking will be automatic and tell you day by day, what is working and what isn't

Also, this whole process of setting up an account can be done in about 30 minutes (if you already have a website, if you don't that may take you a day or so to set up....no longer)

REMEMBER IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE COMPLICATED AT ALL.................DON'T MAKE IT COMPLICATED!

Once your account is set up with Google, Your ads will show up within minutes -- on page one of each search!! Now that's cool!

Good Luck......YOU SHOULD SEE RESULTS IMMEDIATELY
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

Tracey I am newer as well and would be very interested in talking with her being I am struggling to get GMB and web page set up alone learning as I go. If you get a chance now that your busy please pm me her contact information. Happy New Year.RCRNR
Cfkdaddy

Post by Cfkdaddy »

Tracy, could you PM me the contact info of the person you are working with? I would like to talk to her and find out some more details.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Chad
Mattimeo

Post by Mattimeo »

If anyone is interested I can help give some pointers about generating leads online. I can ask my guy that did my site for me. You can look at the setup of my site as well as an example at https://www.windautoglass.com what he did was speed up my site and fix it with proper content format so that search engines would show my website to local searchers who were looking for windshield repair services.