Lynx Price Increase

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
kennycrane
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Lynx Price Increase

Post by kennycrane »

I never received any notice of a cost increase but they have gone from 9 dollars to 12 dollars. I do not do a lot of lynx but that is ridiculous. Is that an across the board increase or just me and my area?
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Lynx Price Increase

Post by Brent Deines »

Wow, is that what they are charging to fax in a claim? I can get you set up to bill Lynx through a super simple website interface for $2.00 a claim. Check out the insurance claim processing page on the Delta Kits website for more information.

There is no fee to signup and, no cancellation fee if you don't like it, and Delta Kits receives nothing for it.

The application takes just a couple of minutes to fill out and since you are already setup to bill Lynx you can start saving $10/claim almost immediately.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
screenman

Post by screenman »

That is good value and I have to give Brent a like for that one, not that I want to do that as it just moves him further away from me in the likes score.
kennycrane

Post by kennycrane »

Thanks Brent I will follow thru with that promptly.
ghost rider

Post by ghost rider »

$12 a claim is ridiculous. Last time I billed Lynx a couple years ago it was "only" $7.50. Might have think about signing up again. Thanks Brent.
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

I don't understand what they are charging you for, fill out the metryx ,do it online easier anyway and free. I am confused of why they bill you anything to get your money? Am I missing something never been charged by any TPA for anything?
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

RCRNR wrote: November 11th, 2018, 7:30 pm I don't understand what they are charging you for, fill out the metryx ,do it online easier anyway and free. I am confused of why they bill you anything to get your money? Am I missing something never been charged by any TPA for anything?
How do you submit your claims to Lynx? If by fax there is typically a fee, which is apparently $7.50 or higher, and I believe what kennycrane is talking about. I was recently told that fee is waived if you do not participate in their affiliate services but cannot verify that because we do submit our claims via EFT and do pay a $2 fee for Lynx claims. I only use a fax if it is absolutely necessary and it is not necessary to submit insurance claims.

Even though you can bill SGC and HSG for free on their websites many windshield repair technicians use software to bill the TPAs so that all of the billing and tracking is done in one place. I think it is safe to say that nearly all glass shops use software for their billing. The higher the volume you do the more this makes sense as submitting claims individually through a website can be a laborious task but that is personal preference and getting a bit off topic.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

I filled out the Metryx which allows me to bill them (LYNX) online just like Safelite and HSG, can also see when the eft comes in and keep track of outstanding invoices for me so far only Gerber doesn't have online, but email them for free just like smaller insurance companies, Pemco, Anchor General, and such. Lynx will send an email on step by step metryx instructions if you call them and ask but my volume is small with them maybe 12 per month. Gerber told me they are working on an online system like Safelite but idk.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Thank you, I didn't know that! That's great information for many on this board, especially those who are still faxing invoices to Lynx. Clearly Lynx is not advertising this to those still faxing invoices, or those using software for that matter, so again, thank you for sharing.

Admittedly I'm no expert in insurance billing and it has been a long time since I submitted any claims myself so I will have one of my staff members request the Metryx instructions and check it out.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

So we're still trying to get the step-by-step instructions but we were told by a Lynx rep that as of November 2, 2018 they are offering two new options for submitting claims. One is simply by using email instead of fax, and the other is to login to your vendor profile and choose one of their point of sale vendor options that will allow you to submit the claim right there on the website. It is our understanding that both of these options are free.

RCRNR, does that sound right?

Has anyone received a notice from Lynx documenting these options? If we get any additional info I'll post it here.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.