Safelite Hasn't Paid Me Yet

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
kmx321
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Safelite Hasn't Paid Me Yet

Post by kmx321 »

I emailed my invoice to them on June 11 and still have not gotten paid. I called and they said they don't see my referral number in their system. I then called the actual insurance and they said they have accepted and cleared that invoice already. So what gives? Every time I call Safelite they take 2hrs to pick up and 3 weeks to reply to my emails. Does anyone else have this problem too? Should I just fax them my invoices instead?
kennycrane

Re: Safelite Hasn't Paid Me Yet

Post by kennycrane »

Are you an approved affiliate workshop for Safelight? I never have any troubles once they assign me a work order, I turn it in promptly and generally in 2 weeks they pay out. I turn my invoices in online though, saves paperwork charges seems like they use to charge me 9 dollars back when I just faxed them an invoice.
fixitmike

Post by fixitmike »

Wondering what exactly is going on with SGC? I was on the phone with them for 30 minutes with a customer today. They asked the same questions at least 4 times each, and then when we finally got done, she said "I can't verify coverage and do not have access to Allstate's computers. We will be able to approve the repair within 48 hours." Has this happened to anyone else?

I went ahead and did the work because it was a fresh break and the customer had gone to a lot of trouble to get me there. So who knows if I'll actually be paid or not. My guess is, not.
kennycrane

Post by kennycrane »

I've actually had that happen often over the years. I've had some that they couldn't verify coverage for that I have worked for years for. Those are the ones that I know it will get verified just might take a day or 2, so I go ahead and do the repair. For those people that I do not know I will ask them to go ahead and pay up front and assure them that if they have glass coverage they should be able to get their money back.
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

I don't understand how they can not pay you? I have only just started 2 months ago and Safelite has paid approx. 300 claims one I had to fight a little about but got it resolved. These kind of posts almost discouraged me from following this dream. I am soo glad it didn't. If anything, Safelite, has accidently paid me twice on claims and one time paid me for one that had no coverage, which I immediately resolved with them. My problem with Safelite is more giving them over payments back than under payments. I don't understand why you had a problem with them besides the phone call script they must go through so far it seems great to me. And even with the script they must go through I feel more for the customer having to wait a few extra minutes and the person having to follow the script, that would be a very stressful job. Each time I wish their phone rep a wonderful day and thank them for there service to our customer. I surely hope you got this issue resolved.
Dave M
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Dave M »

REALLY!? 300 Safelite claims in 2 months? Did you mean $300?
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

I meant 300 Invoices but do understand I have been working every day no time off accept when I fell ill. Almost all of my Insurance customers go through Safelite (about 80 percent) and I have been open 13 days longer now than two months. Word of mouth is a powerful tool even in the computer age, maybe even more so. I really believe a Mall Location is the best way for newcomers like me. I wish I knew how to post a picture of my tent. The word FREE appears on all sides with approved Insurance. It amazes how many people still don't know that their Insurance will waive the deductible after all these years. If I could only figure out how to take Canadian Insurance I will really get busy , but am getting better at selling them it at a cash price, doing 1-2 a day but lose 2-4 a day cause I cant get ICBC to bill me direct. But I keep hounding ICBC hopefully some day they will get sick of me calling and make me a glass express shop.
Semper Fi

Post by Semper Fi »

Off topic, but, do you have a web site with pictures of your tent? If so would you be willing to pm it to me?
Semper Fi - USMC
Don’t give up! Don’t ever give up!
Jimmy V.