Delta vs. Glasspointe

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
0rionSkywalker
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Delta vs. Glasspointe

Post by 0rionSkywalker »

I am interested in starting a rock chip repair business to bring in some extra money into the house. I have come across 2 systems, obviously delta, but also glasspointe. Can anyone speck to the pros and cons of each one please?
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Delta vs. Glasspointe

Post by screenman »

Delta all the way for me, I have tried and trained people on many others. I am struggling to find anything about the tools on the other sellers site, but enough to say there are many things missing in the kit they show.
CGExpressTX

Post by CGExpressTX »

If it ain't Delta it aint right... But seriously most tools work, however the quality in the tools and how long they will last, and the support from great guys like Korey Gorbin are IMHO unparalleled
Jason Chan
Owner Car Glass Express
Denton Texas 76209
(940) 765-6168
Frisco Texas
(972) 275-9833
Toll Free
(877) 699-7788
http://www.CarGlassExpress.com
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

I just opened my location September 1st I use Delta and love it as well as my customers. Delta has the best customer service I have ever seen from any company besides mine of course. I have never had to wait for perfect dead on advice. In the past I worked for a company which also used delta kits I am proud to say I have done well over 3300 windshields with zero windshields cracking out before or after. I personally would be humiliated to have a customer come back for a refund so I suggest using delta. The resin obviously works great I wouldn't trust trying another with a lifetime money back guarantee I offer. I have talked to one of the Glasspointe brothers {Nice guy} in the past but decided to stay with what I KNOW works. My two cents anyway good luck I love working in the WSR business and I love each day and each customer and hope you find the same.
KCBen

Post by KCBen »

I really enjoy using my delta kit but just a couple of questions. Just so everyone knows I love this forum. I just picked up some fleet vehicles the company has about 32 big trucks like U Haul trucks first day out they only had seven trucks that needed repairs but that's ok it was a good day. 1st question I am having a little bit of trouble getting the resin to the end of the injector especially when the repair is at the lower end of the glass, because the glass is almost straight up and down and I do use the eye dropper am I missing something ( not a big deal just checking if there is a better way). 2. Do you guys clean the injector and the injector body after every repair. I place mine in the alcohol after each repair, I am afraid very afraid of the resin curing in the injector. I was looking at a you tube video where the Tech inserts resin from the front end of the injector, it works for him still not sure I would want to go in that direction. What I really like about my kit is the help I get from Delta and that there is only the one end seal that I have to worry about.

Thanks for any input.
B&M WR
Ben
kennycrane

Post by kennycrane »

When the glass is practically straight up and down I just use about twice the resin amount that I normally use.
NMChipTech

Post by NMChipTech »

Everything Glasspointe can teach you, you can learn with training from Delta Kits. Buy your tools from them (delta
) and attend their training. You will be off and running in no time. Glasspointe is pricey. This is not a complicated business