1st Month down

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
RCRNR
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

1st Month down

Post by RCRNR »

My 1st Month in WSR business has been exciting and fun. I only wish I started this sooner. I am using the free windshield repair approach and it works exceptionally well in a mall location. I have takin advice I have seen from Brett on putting in the time like it cost me a million dollars to start the business and it works. If I can put in the time anyone can being last year I had to relearn walking talking etc after two full craniotomies lung collapse and kidney failure. I am getting stronger every day but if you love what you do it is not work. I know that many on this forum don't like the insurance approach but I believe that it is of great benefit to my customers.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: 1st Month down

Post by screenman »

All sounds good, well done to you and I hope your health keeps improving. Enjoying what you do is something I have strived for in business and have been lucky like you to achieve it, having customers that are more like close friends helps a lot.

I have not billed an insurer for about a dozen years now, but if it works for you then that is good.
candyman

Post by candyman »

Depending upon your location, a well mixed marketing strategy may be required. Insurance claims is not a bad thing. It can make the difference on your bottom line. Consider this gravy money, for something you didn’t generate. Problem is with TPAs. Slow getting your money and sometimes you could lose money on travel & time. Better options, Area canvas, door knock, and setup locations are all good to jump start your income. Soon afterward, word of mouth, and customer referals will generate new customers and repeat business. However this is based on your quality of work and customer rapport. Don’t go broke with advertizing. Too many pitfalls in todays market place. Stick to the bascis to generate money now. If your sales are $1k per week and spending 25% or more on marking you are in trouble. If you use FB ads lock in set points for fee’s. Stay under 10% for total combined advertizing if you go this route. I moved to the west coast in May 2018. Movers lost part of my shipment and all of my WSR kit items. I do have my HLR kit. I see lots of work here just for HLR. I ve got to get permits to do work. I see lots of car wash and oil change dealers selling HLR & WSR service or DIY kits. The quality is not there in my opinion. The customers are paying between $25 - $45 for it. I demonstrated recently for a few chain stores HLR, an they were amazed. However, they prefered the out the door with a higher profit, buffing or a kit. Leave the quality to an independent was the reply. Time cost money for big box stores. You have a great week and stick to basics and work all your options without taking on debt.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

RCRNR wrote: October 5th, 2018, 9:09 pm My 1st Month in WSR business has been exciting and fun. I only wish I started this sooner. I am using the free windshield repair approach and it works exceptionally well in a mall location. I have takin advice I have seen from Brett on putting in the time like it cost me a million dollars to start the business and it works. If I can put in the time anyone can being last year I had to relearn walking talking etc after two full craniotomies lung collapse and kidney failure. I am getting stronger every day but if you love what you do it is not work. I know that many on this forum don't like the insurance approach but I believe that it is of great benefit to my customers.
Wow! All I can say is BRAVO! I have been watching and applauding your determination and the resulting progress but I had no idea you had gone through so many health issues. I don't know many people who have the fortitude and positive attitude that you have shown and I must say I feel pretty humbled after reading your post. When I was only doing mobile repairs I primarily did fleet work but once I had a fixed location I did a lot of both, and now we primarily do insurance work, although I have been thinking about getting back into fleets. I think in most areas insurance work can be pretty lucrative, particularly if you have a tent or brick and mortar location.
I’ll be praying that your health continues to improve and your business continues to grow.
Keep up the good work!
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
KCBen

Post by KCBen »

Awesome I like to read all the good info on this forum, but I really get inspired by good things happening to good people. All we can do is to do it, make it happen and it sounds like you are.

Best wishes and prayers,
B&M WR