How to increase sales

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
ajaybutler

How to increase sales

Post by ajaybutler »

I have notice more and more customers seem to cater toward visual presentations. I had some pictures of rock chip repair before/after along with the benefits on a laminated flyer. On the reverse side I did the same about Headlight restoration. I've also learned that sometimes its the person presenting the visual that increases the potential sale.( For example; an attractive woman would more likely close the sale on a man, vise verse'). It's funny but it works. Not only that but the visual shows the benefits in black and white rather than a tech fumbling over words when the customer makes them nervous. I place this on my clip board so when I'm dealing with Hispanic customers I don't talk much. I just point with a pen make eye contact and point to the price. Try using this method and see if your sales increase!!!! :D
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: How to increase sales

Post by screenman »

Very good tips.
CowboyDave
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by CowboyDave »

This is a great idea! I will definitely do this. Thanks again, Dave..
Mattimeo

Post by Mattimeo »

Thanks for the tips, I design flyers using Canva which is a free photo editor. I use a main picture of one of my staff thats in the process of doing a windshield repair. I then put a monthly special that could be 20% off all windshield replacements, free complimentary window cleaning, or a free pair of wiper blades with the purchase of a windshield replacement service. Instead of printing though I post it online to my facebook page or on my google business page. I never thought about using a woman though, I might try it because as they say s*x sells right lol :D
Chipsbgone

Post by Chipsbgone »

One thing I also do is put ads in our local trading journal. I put 2 ads in. 1 for windshield repair and one for headlight restoration. It’s worth $20 each for a month. I also place flyers and business cards at local businesses bulletin boards. This it in addition to Facebook, google, yahoo, bing and my website.
Mattimeo

Post by Mattimeo »

Chipsbgone wrote:One thing I also do is put ads in our local trading journal. I put 2 ads in. 1 for windshield repair and one for headlight restoration. It’s worth $20 each for a month. I also place flyers and business cards at local businesses bulletin boards. This it in addition to Facebook, google, yahoo, bing and my website.
I honestly thought print was over, how well are the flyers and ads working? I feel like everyone just google searches for services now, even if they find an ad they will at the very least do a google search. To me this means that one would be better suited to focus on that instead, however $20 is a low investment.
kennycrane

Post by kennycrane »

I leave high quality business cards everywhere that I can, especially in restaurants that I frequently dine in. Most places around here have a place beside the cash register that you can keep a supply of cards, you have to stay on it though or they will be gone and someone else will have your slot. But very inexpensive way to advertise, I give every new customer 2 or 3 so that if they know someone who needs you they can give them your card.
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

I have only been open a little over a month I found an excellent way to get, looking and customers in to big of a hurry at that moment, to return every time. What I do is tell them before they leave to take my business card with Chip Saver on the back I place one chip saver over the damaged area. After they leave the chip saver is quite visible which is a daily reminder to come back. It works like a charm every time. Granted I am a tent location so they know where to return.