Winter Repairs Tent at mall

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
RCRNR
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Winter Repairs Tent at mall

Post by RCRNR »

I just opened my Tent WSR business at a local mall on 9-1-2018. I love every minute of it. I was wondering if anyone else has experience with how much sales decrease during winter. I am currently open at the mall 7 days a week and working my old job at nights. Between my current job and the WSR business I am putting in 90+ hour weeks. If it is typical for business to only slow down slightly in winter months I may put in a month notice at other job. I used to work at a tent location 5-7 years ago and don't really remember how much it slowed during winter. I don't know if anyone else here is as anal as me I will keep track of sales daily as well as weather each day for the first two years at least, If so please let me know especially if you are from Washington State. Weather here so far has been great only two days of rain the whole day and both had excellent sales. Also if anyone knows the legalities or rules of what can be filed on insurance claims or where to get that information that would be great. Thank You Rock Chip Repair N Roll llc
Cfkdaddy

Re: Winter Repairs Tent at mall

Post by Cfkdaddy »

Hi, I’m looking at starting a part time weekend repair pop up location. What did you have to do in order to get your location setup? Are you doing a lease with the mall? If you have any recommendations or can talk about what you had to do that would be great.
kingsglassrepair

Post by kingsglassrepair »

I was told by a few that business picks up in winter because of the fear of the chips cracking out. maybe some veteran techs can chime in on this.
http://kingsprecisionglassrepair.com
Jtmac

Post by Jtmac »

My business fall flat in the winter. People don't want to get out. Just as big or bigger concern in the summer with the heat on the glass and inside the car.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

Busy 12 months of the year here, but I do not do general public. customers
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

Screenman I would honestly like to know how you approach fleets. I will always keep this tent location just added two more years to lease. I talked to a gentleman who works for a big company in the states his approach seemed to make sense to me. Which was approach them and give them one or two free repairs to show them the quality of work I do as well as explaining all the benefits of repair at that time. From there I was thinking of using what we called two step approach from old company I worked for which only worked 30-50 percent of the time that is show up a week later and see how many repairs they need done.
johnnyone
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by johnnyone »

I am doing a weekend umbrella pop on a good intersection for about 6 weeks now...
only set up for 4 hours averaging about 2-4 repairs at $20 + 10 extra chips
NO insurance... will have square working now.
Oh... Summer Repairs at a Parking Lot only
kennycrane

Post by kennycrane »

Only 20 dollars a repair? Wow!